Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Higher dosage (54 mg) but behaviors worse than before?

Higher dosage (54 mg) but behaviors worse than before?2011-10-07T01:10:10+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Concerta Higher dosage (54 mg) but behaviors worse than before?

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi all:

Long-time ADHD sufferer (in retrospect) but only recently diagnosed. My doctor and I are still working on finding the dosage of concerta that will work best for me. I had some limited success at 36 mgs for the first couple of days, but after that I seemed to backslide a bit. So we upped the dosage to 54 mgs, and frankly I seem to be worse off than ever before: all my bad habits are back with a vengeance, and I’m falling further and further behind at both home and office (and don’t even ask about financial! I’m just pretending that isn’t even really happening). It seems that, if anything, I’m getting worse than I was before.

Clearly this dosage level is a no-go for me, and I’ll ask my MD is I can go back to the 36 mg dosage until our next appointment in a couple of weeks. But I’m wondering if anyone else has had this reaction to increased dosages, and if there is any point to going to highest level of concerta (72 mgs, right?) to see if that works? I was extremely encouraged by the early results at 36, and I have had no side-effects from this particular medication so far. So stick with t right to the end? Or bail out now and give Adderol a chance?

Thanks all – any and all comments will be gratefully received.

TJ

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just had the same feeling. I have ADD without hyperactivity. Early october, I upped my dosage from 36Mg to 54. I also felt like the situation was worse, but it does not make sense to me. How could more psychostimulants can make me sleepier???

I still had some 36Mg and had them for a few days. Same results. It’s like I got my brain used to that high dose and cannot go back.

I was so encouraged by Concerta on the first weeks, but the honeymoon is over I guess.

REPORT ABUSE

munchkin

Stimulants make me sleepier – the more I take the sleepier I get. Coffee makes it even worse. But they also help my ADD. I just decided to go to 36mg. 54 mg was just making me a zombie for portions of the day – I guess when the medicine was peaking. So… today is day 2 on 36mg, and I’m hoping that is the right dose for me. I’m sure it will take a couple weeks to see if I’m getting more or less done, and that kind of thing.

Since there is nothing in between 36 and 54, I will probably try Adderall if 36 just isn’t doing it for me…

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)