Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Hitting the wall with Vyvanse.

Hitting the wall with Vyvanse.2010-06-06T03:34:41+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Vyvanse Hitting the wall with Vyvanse.

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I did the Ritalin, Concerta and Adderall route. Ritalin was great but short and had bad headaches. Never got beyond the minimum dose with Concerta because it too caused headaches and gave me a “butterfly” (like going down a steep hill) feeling. Adderall was great. Reduced headaches though had some sleep problems.

Been on Vyvanse for 3+ months. Started with 30mg, 50, 60 and now 70. No headaches. I was motivated to do things (though not as much as when on Adderral) and could focus. In the last few weeks though I feel as I have hit a wall. The motivation is gone but the focus remains… though probably focused on the wrong direction. I have become a little irritable lately too. I know Adderall and Vyvanse are virtually the same… I am almost wiling to put up with the daily headaches and go back to Adderall.

I am frustrated because I found a med that works or worked and then it seems to not be… or even setting me backward. My family doctor is great but probably at his wit’s end. He got me into CAMH for an assessment but that is all they give you. My doctor then sent me to a psychiatrist who passed away before I could see him and all his replacement would offer is to do another assessment. I am afraid if I tell my family doctor what is going on he will want to stop everything until I can see a psychiatrist putting back at square one.

Has anyone had a similar experience with Vyvanse?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

You can take plain analgesics for the headaches. They may also be stress induced or part of a more complex difficulty of anxiety. Relaxation therapy, yoga, TM, etc. will be good for you.

If the headaches don’t go away, consider starting an antidepressant like Elavil which has a strong analgesic quality, helps with sleep and with mood. Obviously, discuss this with your doctor.

Always speak to your doctor before making any changes to medications. Dr. Jain provides advice generically and not for any one person. Advice does not constitute a therapeutic relationship or promise of care. Please consult the privacy policy for more information.

REPORT ABUSE

crystalsphinx
    Participant

Hi. I was on adderall first, and then vyvanse. Stayed on vyvanse for about 6 months. I went off it because I was not thinking as clearly as I was on Adderall. I find adderall is better since I am more focused and think more clearly. I noticed that even though I was on 90 mg of vyvanse, it wasn’t really helping much. I do hit a wall with adderall, though and need to stay at around 40 mg. I’m on wellbutrin as well. Good luck! The bottom line I think is if a pill is working for you and you can stand the side effects, than stay on it.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

The need to see what is on the “other side of the fence” is an all too common pitfall. I never suggest switching to something else, even the new and improved versions, if the medication is doing what it is supposed to be doing. This tendency to “wonder” can also be applied to the dosing. More is not always better.

Always speak to your doctor before making any changes to medications. Dr. Jain provides advice generically and not for any one person. Advice does not constitute a therapeutic relationship or promise of care. Please consult the privacy policy for more information

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)