Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Hollywood, please stop it with the 3D already

Hollywood, please stop it with the 3D already2011-10-23T18:20:30+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey Venting! Hollywood, please stop it with the 3D already

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Maybe it’s just me, but I have an especially hard time focusing on films made especially for “3D.” The quick cuts, extreme close-ups and things flying at the camera are too jarring and interrupt the narrative flow of the film. Action sequences designed to “showcase” 3D effects are just too difficult for me to follow.

Am I the only one with this problem?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

No, but I do find it hard to hear dialogue on the TV because of all the LOUD background noise they seem to think is arty!!!! It could be just my age and hearing compression but, TV seems to have terribly loud background music, and whatever else they chose to inject. I notice English TV series don’t do that. I guess maybe the English rely on great acting and well written script to suspend disbelief …………..novel concept!!!

Toofat

REPORT ABUSE

Geoduck

I can only see it in 3d if I wear my prescription glasses, which I wear for Amblyopia (one eye has a weak nerve), then I put the stupid 3d glasses over them. Even then, it’s only about 25% of the time, if I’m not sleepy, that it actually works. It’s aggravating to me and seems pointless. The ones I’ve seen that are good, aren’t that way because of the 3D part.

I guess I’m not sure what is the point. I’m also not about to spend big bucks on 3D television, either. Yes, they can stop at any time. I agree.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Even if a movie is available in 3D, I won’t see it. I’ll see the 2D version, even if I have to wait for it on DVD. I think it’s the movies where they set up certain scenes where it says “look! look! isn’t it awesome that we’re doing this in 3D?” that really get to me. When seen in 2D (as I said, I don’t watch in 3D) they throw the stuff on the screen so quickly that I’m still trying to process what was in one scene before they’ve cut to the next – there’s no flow, no reference point. I get lost and literally have to wait until things slow down again before I can figure things out – which pretty much ruins the entertainment for me.

Maybe it’s just bad 3D movies – I don’t know. I do know that as long as 3D is a gimmick (and it will be until a director steps forward and says “I cannot adequately tell my story without 3D”) then Hollywood is going to be saddling us with A LOT of bad 3D movies.

REPORT ABUSE

billd

AMEN to the top two posts here!

3D because, frankly, when you are LEGALLY BLIND in one eye, 3D can’t possibly work! You have to have 2 good working eyes for 3D, otherwise it looks like CRAP.

The music in TV shows, especially near the end, is there to SELL records – it’s marketing.

I’ve found shows from ABC in this country have the worst most garbled and hard to understand dialog – everything else either drowns it out, or it’s muddy and unclear. The other networks are a lot easier to understand. However, it’s still impossible for someone with hearing loss that is in the RANGE OF THE HUMAN VOICE to get what they are saying when the danged music is cranked up so they can sell a few more records.

Note that besides all the Loud annoying music, they now tell you where to buy said music. Now is that in your face or what? They don’t even hide it any more. It’s not subliminal –

Add to all that stuff – ADHD, etc. – Meniere’s – and the camera spinning around. Yikes, I literally DO get dizzy and have to stop watching.

If they want tasteful fast action that’s easier for ADHD to follow, and Meniere’s sufferers to not get sick over, the folks who put the last Star Trek film together did a great job. It’s fast, constant action, movement, etc. – but I can follow it pretty easily!

Others should take note.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Interestingly enough, I had no trouble enjoying “Cowboys and Aliens.” It turns out the director refused to make it in 3D. The same cannot be said for “Thor.” But many of my friends have confirmed that 2D or 3D, it was not very memorable.

I guess I’ll have to wait and see when the next batch of “blockbusters” come out. I hope that what I’m noticing doesn’t become a trend.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m not sure what style movies like Blair Witch Project were filmed in but I’ve never been able to watch them. The camera moves so much it makes me sick. It’s worse than riding a roller coaster.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)