Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

How can you tell if your meds are working?

How can you tell if your meds are working?2013-04-01T13:00:45+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Psychostimulants – General How can you tell if your meds are working?

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

In this segment from “Attention Talk Radio”, Dr. Charles Parker (author of “New ADHD Medication Rules”) explains how to tell if your meds are working properly.

He says finding the right med & dose involves observing the DOE (Duration of Effectiveness).  That is, how soon it kicks in, and how long it keeps you functioning at the “sweet spot” level.

But most patients don’t know that, because their doctor just gives them a prescription and sends them on their way, with no guidance at all.  That’s what happened to me when I was first diagnosed, three years ago.

REPORT ABUSE

shutterbug55
    Participant

I couldn’t get the video to work, so I have no idea what yardstick the doctor is using.

I know my meds are working, by listening to my wife. She was amazed I could remember phone numbers, names, directions, I could perform tasks without checking back in, unless it was to get another task. I get good reviews at work. When I drive, people don’t irritate me as much. She observes a lot of changes, when I am on my medication.

Are your meds working? Ask those around you. If they are food friends, they will know and they will tell you

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

@Shutterbug55, if you click on the title (in white on the black bar at the top of the video), it’ll open in YouTube, and you can watch it there.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)