Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

How do I know Adderall is good solution for my child?

How do I know Adderall is good solution for my child?2011-11-07T16:43:14+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Adderall XR How do I know Adderall is good solution for my child?

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hell all, my daughter os 9 years old and she’s very hiper and do not pay attention in class. Her grades is very poor and she is in 4th grade beginning to fail. This is a new school for her, and this is her first fight with supposingly her best friend. I had a bad experience with Adderall xr 20 mg and her doctor drop her dosage to 10mg, It doesn’t work for her at all. I need to know what else to do. My daughter and I are going to a counselor and next in line we’re going to a physiciarist to see what other medicine I can try her on. What solutions do you have?

REPORT ABUSE

caper

I’d suggest methylphenidate. It’s cheap, and it works great for me. It’s the only medication I’ve tried so far.

I’d also suggest learning emotional validation. It took some time for me to learn, but when I remember to do it (tricky since I’m ADHD!) it works great with my kids.

REPORT ABUSE

Curlymoe115

I would ask for Strattera and get them to put her on this. It is a cumulative affect medication and has no “high” so there is no chance she will get addicted or start abusing it. It takes a month to be at full strength in the system, and in the immediate there is fatigue and other downsides, but when you get to the 30 days it works well. I have an 18 year old that we started on medication when she was 7. The Dexedrine Spansule was always being increased because it only controlled her ADHD, it did nothing to stop her other behaviours. She was often in “sillyland” and only after a couple of years did the school mention this to me. We took her off the meds, but then to replicate the same feeling she started drinking and taking street drugs to replicate this feeling.

Also if this is a new school and these are new problems I would have her evaluated for depression. This can also cause a lot of the same problems, and is often a co-morbid with ADD and ADHD. Good luck, treating children is tricky because they often can’t articulate everything that is going on with them or they are just secretive because they don’t want to break a confidence or be a tattletale. Just let your daughter know that you love her and are proud of her. If you know she is doing the best she can then give her more items in her tool box to help her to do better. It never helps to scold her, this just leads to more anger and depression and a sense that you never listen to her anyway. Hugs.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)