Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

How many having sleeping trouble?

How many having sleeping trouble?2011-03-13T14:18:23+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey Is It Just Me? How many having sleeping trouble?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Before medication, after medication it doesnt matter. I always have trouble sleeping. My husband calls me the night hawk (haha).

REPORT ABUSE

Hans

I had sleeping problems my whole life. Before medication I could lay awake for hours with my mind racing.

I read Lord of the Rings 7 times while I was in working in Nigeria. I would get involved in the storey. My mind would stop running. I would get sleepy and put the book down. When I finished I started all over again.

It was a very close call. If I put the book down to early my mind would start up again, I would then pick up the book again and try again.

Good Luck..

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have both read and posted this elsewhere, I think, but recently started taking Melatonin right before bed, and it seems to really help me get sleepy. Much more so than I have experienced in many, many months. Seems to work for some, and not for others, but for me, so far so good.

Good luck.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Anonymous
    Inactive

I get sleepy easily, and fall asleep easily. It’s staying asleep that seems to be the problem. I wake up 3 or 4 times a night. I’m not awake for long, and thanks to meds my mind doesn’t race – but I sure would love to sleep all night long!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

What is your evening routine? Do you get any regular exercise? I’ve found that I’ve got to avoid beginning any projects. Starting something in the evening pretty well guarantees that I won’t be able to settle down enough to sleep. Getting 45 minutes to an hour of brisk walking daily helps tremendously in letting me get to sleep and stay asleep through the night.

Reading or an listening to an audiobook at bed time helps me wind down, also.

P

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

The only time i can fall right to sleep is if i literally stay up all day and work the 11-7 shift. Normally when i do go to sleep, i constantly toss and turn. I do this leg shaking thing that i can not help before i fall asleep. Its almost like it soothes me..wierd i know.

REPORT ABUSE

Curlymoe115

I fall asleep fast but I usually awaken between 1 and 2 and then stay awake until 4 or 5. I then get back to sleep until 6 or 7. I always keep a book or two at my bedside. The animals need to be fed between 6 and 7 so they know when I get up then to pounce on me and I will head downstairs to feed them. If I have time for a nap in the afternoon it can last for 3 or 4 hours and I usually head to bed between 9 and 11 at night. 😮

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I like going to bed 3am-11am… The “best” I can do is 12am for going to bed… (I have to take like 4 benadryl to get there but I usually get energized at midnight….) it takes me usually a minimum of 30 mins to fall asleep… I tend to sleep deep and have wild vivid dreams that I generally remember… I control what goes on in my dreams… lucid? (it was NUTS when I was quitting smoking sleeping with the nicotine patch on! I loved it lol)

I get very annoyed when someone wakes me up before I need to be up…. sometimes I get restless sleep… but not too often… I have the most trouble actually getting TO the bed… AND falling asleep… racing mind… ugh

REPORT ABUSE

jpsimard

I sleep easily, always have. That being said… I exercise daily, I eat well (limited fast food, moderate caffeine intake, lots of fiber, very little meat – basically follow the Canada Food Guide) and pay special attention to what’s going on before I sleep. I cut down the light, and stay away from electronics for the last half hour/hour before bed.

I’m pretty sure there is a video on the subject on here. I’d check it out if I were you. :)

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)