Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

How many purchases are still in the box?

How many purchases are still in the box?2011-05-20T00:53:10+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey Other How many purchases are still in the box?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

We’re thinking of having a yard sale but calling it a “what was I thinking?” sale 😯

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh god, I am so bad for this. Especially with clothes and shoes and accessories…so many that still have the tags on / never been worn. I think a fair number of women have this affliction though :)

Also brining home busted old furniture from the side of the road to fix up, weird thrift store & garage sale junk, etc. Not so great for a small apartment. And craft supplies, fabric for sewing, etc. It all collects dust. The whole apartment has been swallowed by the clutter monster. It’s suffocating.

And books! I am such a book hoarder. I have collected so many books that I haven’t read yet…partly because I kept buying books while going to school, when I was already up to my eyeballs in reading. But also because I have trouble reading. When I was a kid I used to hoover books. I love books. Now i have so much trouble concentrating, it’s difficult to read :( I start reading a book, wander off, pick up another, etc etc….must be at least 35 partially read books floating around. Not many finished. I didn’t even make it to the end of “Getting Things Done”! Depressing.

All of this is of course terrible for my finances…looking back on all the unused & unnecessary purchases, I just don’t know what I was thinking, or why I would be so impulsive and tunnel vision and feel so compelled to collect all this crap. I could probably have a down payment for a house with the money I’ve frittered away on “stuff.”

Anyone know where I can buy some self-restraint?

REPORT ABUSE

Geoduck

I had to stop going into the yarn store :(

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)