Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

How much Dexedrine is enough?

How much Dexedrine is enough?2010-10-06T03:52:43+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Dexedrine How much Dexedrine is enough?

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi, I was recently diagnosed with ADHD, I also have TS, OCD, depression and anxiety. I also take meds for PCOS and overactive thyroid. Concerta did nothing for me so now I’m on 40mg of Dex twice a day and only noticing a small difference. If Dex was going to work for me, wouldn’t it have done more by now, it’s been a few weeks. I’m not noticing a huge difference on the odd day I don’t take the Dex. What should I do next?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

You have what some might call DSM-IV-itis. It might be better for you to consider a specific symptom target rather than a cluster of symptoms subsumed within the disorders. For example, are you trying to improve anxiety, organizational issues, anger, focus etc. There may be many symptoms but pick the one at the top of the heap. Now that gives us a plan to look at what the possible treatments for that symptom might be. Symptom-based management actually widens the range of possible medical and behavioral choices and gives a more rational strategy to affect change. The message here is that if one symptom can change so can all the others….one symptom at a time. When you have so many disorders operating, it is likely that as one disorder is addressed the others get worse and counter the effects of the improvement that you are making.

Always speak to your doctor before making any changes to medications. Dr. Jain provides advice generically and not for any one person. Advice does not constitute a therapeutic relationship or promise of care. Please consult the privacy policy for more information.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)