Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Humor, or humour, if you prefer :)

Humor, or humour, if you prefer :)2011-08-12T03:51:24+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey I'm Excited/Relieved Humor, or humour, if you prefer :)

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I recently turned sixty and also recently learned about having ADD, in addition to clinical depression, PTSD and OCD. Growing up in an abusive family situation caused a lifetime of difficulty, including being unable to work for the last 21 years. My wife has stood with me for 31 years and is the love of my life. Through it all I’ve relied on humor. Impersonating famous people, stealing famous people’s material and generally trying to make fun of everything I could without hurting anyone or degrading any group of people. I use ethnic dialects to make fun of life and its situations but never the people themselves. As I get a little older (older – not old…that’s optional…), people are either appreciating what I say or they’re humoring ME. Sometimes I feel I would fit in pretty well with the guys at Possum Lodge – mainly because I’m a lot like them! Well, that’s what works for me. I had to change one of Red’s phrases, though, because I’m neither of the two things he referred to. So – if the women don’t find us handsome OR handy, they should at least find us HUMOROUS…or HUMOUROUS….whatever. Live long and prosper – Na-noo, Na-noo!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

OH, yeah, I forgot – having PTSD, OCD and ADD, if I’m diagnosed with anything else, I’ll have ALPHABET SOUP! (groan)

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

We are who we are…..are you new here??? If so welcome aboard….if not, opps, I can be inattentive,sorry.

toofat

REPORT ABUSE

JOATMON

this morning:

me – open refrigerator, call out “(insert husbands name), why did you put the honey in the refrigerator?”

him – “I didn’t put the honey in the frig”

me – “oh, okay”

so I take the honey out of the frig to put it in the cupboard and guess what is in the cupboard? the yogurt I had mixed with the honey and used last night for a little snack before bedtime……. sigh….

Thank heavens for a wonderful spouse.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I will never forget misplacing my purse, I looked everywhere. The next morning my middle son said, Mom, why do you have your purse in the refrigerator?

REPORT ABUSE

Wgreen
    Participant

Gives a new meaning to cold hard cash!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

@ka3zai: everyone gets older, growing up is optional ;)

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

For me, humor has helped me survive!

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)