Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Hyperactivity

Hyperactivity2012-07-13T00:19:02+00:00

The Forums Forums What is it? ADHD/ADD in Adults Hyperactivity

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

wawabyjohnah
    Participant

Hi fellow ADDers

Question I have been pondering. I know symptoms can change as we move from childhood to becoming an adult. Can you go from being the shy, quiet kid to a hyperactive adult?

Cheers

Johnah

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

Hi wawa!

Yep! no doubt about it. I’m still very quiet and shy in certain social situations. Very. But once I get comfortable with people, they get to see me turn into a total clowning chatterbox!. I especially like to make the lil old ladies in my apartment complex pee a little bit cuz I make em laugh ***snickers*** I bet they don’t really mind much. What’s a lil pee among friends right? ***grin***. That can also make me seem moody or even look bi-polar enough to give em some juicy gossip to trade when they get bored. :-) They know about my ADHD diagnosis too. So that’s even more fuel for the gossip.

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

Hi Johnah – I think so – at least I don’t see why not.

In my case I was a quiet and reserved person until I hit my 40s. Then I became more hyper. Whether that’s an ADD thing or whether reaching a certain age is just liberating I don’t know. I suspect the latter.

I don’t care what others think of me now as much as I did when I was a kid, teenager or in my 20s. I don’t mean that in a negative way. I like it! I think it’s a natural progression for most people.

Maybe you are more confident with yourself now than when you were younger and so the ‘real you’ is showing? Speculation of course……

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

Robbo – “I especially like to make the lil old ladies in my apartment complex pee a little …” – well really, what is the world coming to! I need to set up a campaign against ADDers who make lil old ladies pee… ! :)

Just kidding Robbo – I hope that (a) I get to become a ‘lil old lady’ – eventually… and (b) that I always have a good enough sense of humour to be able to .. well….yes…

😆

REPORT ABUSE

wawabyjohnah
    Participant

eeeww, who would have thought a post on hyperactivity would lead to pee? lol Poor old ladies!

I think you might have a point scattybird re more confidence and the ‘real me’ showing now. I’m not so afraid of making a fool out of myself in front of people- in fact I rather enjoy being the centre of attention! lol

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)