Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Hypothesis – Do Researchers Read this sight???

Hypothesis – Do Researchers Read this sight???2012-01-08T04:36:03+00:00

The Forums Forums What is it? The History Hypothesis – Do Researchers Read this sight???

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have lived with ADHD for a long time and finally decided to deal with it medically in my 49th year. I test off the scales for analytical abilities…99.7th percentile in the Graduate Management Admissions Test. I think I’m pretty self aware and have some thoughts about ADHD…

A few data points:

1) My eye sight is incredible. I used to be able to find things that others could not find…my nickname when I was a kid was Eagle Eye.

2) When I drive on the highway, I will spot dear on the side of the road before passangers…without even looking

3) When I drive I can’t keep me eyes focused in front of me…they are always bouncing around.

4) I am an incredible problem solver

5) I can focus incredibly, when presented with significant external stress

6) I have struggled to keep still, particularly when presented with stress

I have wondered whether ADHD is not some new condition, but the result of wiring passed down from 1000’s of years ago. If you were a hunter responsible for feeding a group…you might do well if you had ADHD…I don’t believe ADHD is necessarily a medical condition, but simply a difference in wiring. The challenged is today’s society does have obvious roles for these particular differences…

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Since you mentioned driving – ADHD and driving is one of the most studied areas – here’s a good link http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2277254/

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)