Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

I hate the medication ware off Crash!!

I hate the medication ware off Crash!!2012-07-26T21:53:25+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey Venting! I hate the medication ware off Crash!!

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Simply put. I hate the medication ware off crash! Frustrated!!

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

Hopefully you can talk to your doctor about this pretty soon. In the meantime maybe take a look at the medications section. http://totallyadd.com/forum/forum.php?id=9 Be sure to check a lot of the threads. We don’t always talk about specific medications in the right threads. Lot’s of times I find info I can use by accident around here.

Hopefully the thread will load completely and you’ll be able to actually post on the thread you find helpful.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I had a problem with that, now i try and plan a high protein snack, some fruit, large glass of water sometimes a small coffee around when my meds start to fade. The boost from a good snack and extra water seems to “feed” my brain and counteract some of the side effects that the wear off or “crash” can cause.

REPORT ABUSE

shutterbug55
    Participant

@Saddona:

I get that crash from Ritalin. It seems to enter and leave my system very quickly. Adderall, doesn’t enter or leave my system as quickly. I tried the extended release versions of those drugs, but they don’t work for me very well. I had to up my dose, and I didn’t like the lack of control, of the timing of when the drug was released.

Hope this helps

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

I’m just taking 5mg of ritalin 3 times a day. I also take wellbutrin, and it’s SR. So most days that combo makes the difference, I got super lucky on medications. Is that an option for you?. I can take ritalin (methylphenindate) a couple hours before bed and sleep if I’ve gotten up early and gotten some kind of exercise, maybe because it’s only 5mg. A healthy snack like absolutlyadhd eats is what I need to do about 7 pm, maybe just a little tea instead of coffee. I’m sure some exercise would help too. In the past I used to just take a really quick power nap, it’s super hard though. I don’t have a “medz wearing off crash”. I get super sleepy about 7 though…

A strong part of me doesn’t want to be normal and conform to all the new rules and strategies of living with adhd. I know this doesn’t make sense. I’ll have a better life if I just follow the new guidelines I’ve got, they work!. I’ve been using my disability as an excuse to just rebel at simple things like sticking to a routine for too long. Especially getting up at the same time, going to bed at the same time. There, I finally admitted that… ugh. I’ve just busted myself.

Sedona, can you try any different combinations of medication? I’m sure right medication is the key ingredient for lot’s of us. The protein snack too. We gotta hit this thing from every angle. Have you watched these videos? This one is good strong ADHD medicine. Take your medicine! (please) http://totallyadd.com/sponsored-video-3-holistic-treatment-approach/

The video’s cover a lot of important stuff, especially the part where I have to admit that I think I’m weird in the last min. of it. That’s why I’m getting counseling. I still find video’s that help me, then I realize I’ve seen it about 2/3 the way through!. It’s terrible how persistent this adhd crud can be, huh?

Darn, I wanted to have at least one short post…

8-1-12

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I had dreadful crash with Dexamphetamine – extremely irritable and angry. It was so bad, I felt like stopping it despite very good results with focus. Luckily my doctor tried me on the long acting version of the same drug and I don’t even notice it wearing off. Maybe give something else a go like Robbo suggests.

REPORT ABUSE

Rick Green – Founder of TotallyADD
    Participant

I don’t have a crash. Or if I do, I’m oblivious. It’s mid afternoon. I took my Concerta at 8:30. I’m going to pay attention around 5:00.

Usually I just notice that as the afternoon wears on, I’m way better at doing stuff that’s short, physical (or at least not sitting) and with a clear end to it.

Sometimes I hear my kindergarten teacher’s voice saying, “Okay, now it’s time to tidy up and put everything away for the day so we can all go home.”

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

I get it too. I reduced my dose to limit the effects but it’s not really quite enough at the lowered dose and wears off after about 6 or 7 hours, leaving me with about 9 hours without its help.

No psych to help me as my GP prescribed it off protocol for me because the psych took me off her books before I’d even met her because I didn’t know I had an appointment – forgot? I don’t know but I don’t know how a doctor can strike off a patient for a symptom of the thing they’re trying to get help with…

Anyway, me too, yes.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Sounds like you saved some money by not going to that pysch Tiddler. Not very helpful really is it? My psych, who has adhd himself and is awesome prescribed 2 low doses (7.5mg x 2 a day) of the long acting Dexamphetamine instead of the normal one big dose a day most people get.

I take it at breakfast and lunch which gives me two bursts of focus etc and a gradual wearing off at the end of the day – Genius! It takes a bit of time to kick in, but I find adrenaline gets me through the morning routine and the full effect of the drug starts at 9am when I begin work.

This is the third drug I’ve tried for adhd after two bad experiences and I am very happy with it. I also try to lay off medication on the weekend so I can stay at a lower dose. Means that my adhd is off the leash and all sorts of frustrations occur; like walking off with my car keys after leaving my car at the garage for a service this morning, and having to walk a kilometre back. But I can live with that for a couple of days.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)