Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

I hope to find a medication that works for me

I hope to find a medication that works for me2010-12-09T03:08:54+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication I hope to find a medication that works for me

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am 47 years old and was diagnosed with ADD three years ago. I struggled in school, failed fourth grade, bad grades in high school and dropped out before I finished 11th grade. Since that time, I have worked hard and now have two grown kids and a very successful career. I am lucky that my employer allows me to work at my own pace as long as I get the work done on time. “On time” is tough. I sit at my desk and stare at my computer all day and by late afternoon… begin to stress because I know I can’t leave until my work is done. It feels like my brain is heavy, numb, asleep, no motivation whatsoever until I start to stress. Then I run around like crazy trying to complete the tasks that need to be done for the day. Sometimes I am at work two or three hours later than my colleagues.

I’ve tried several different medications. Several have worked well in the beginning but I always end up discontinuing the meds. Usually because they keep me from getting restful sleep. I am very sensitive to meds; one Tylenol PM puts me to sleep for twelve hours. I’ve tried Vyvance 20mg, Welbutrin SR, Focalin, Strattera, generic Adderall 10 mg tabs. Strattera made me feel lethargic. The others have interfered with my sleep. I definitely function better throughout the day when taking the meds but by day three or four I am so tired that I can hardly stay awake. I’ve tried to work with the generic Adderall by breaking the tablet in four and taking ¼ of the tablet every hour or two (no more than the equivalent of two tablets a day) to keep the lowest dose in my system but still very tired after a couple of days and it is hard to keep up with hourly doses.

Can you suggest any other options?

Kind regards,

Ktroil

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Welcome aboard.

First I recommend you talk to your doctor and formulate a nutrition plan. Medications are fine and will function when taken properly. I had found combining a menu with medication will help me regulate my ability to concentrate and driving to distractions. Two key symptoms that could result with deadly consequences.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)