Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

I made a Journal

I made a Journal2013-11-14T07:39:15+00:00

The Forums Forums I Just Found Out! I Suspect I Am I made a Journal

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

addjournal

So, I think I have ADD.

I have yet to be diagnosed, but I’m waiting for an appointment to be made with a psychiatrist (apparently I have to wait for a letter first something something).

So to make me less fidgety and nervous about it I created this little journal on tumblr.

It’s pretty much to record my memories and daily issues to collect my thoughts, so that I’m sort of prepared when I finally do see the psychiatrist.

You can see it here: http://theaddjourney.tumblr.com/

I’m really nervous though and I have no idea whatsoever what to expect. I just want to know whats wrong with me heh.

But I’m really happy to have found this place. It’s great to read the stories and questions here, I’ve had so many questions of my own answered already. So thank you guys for this forum <3

REPORT ABUSE

pinkdex

Hats off to you for having the courage to pursue your personal suspicion about your ADD.

If you have the self-honesty to admit you might have it, you will probably benefit greatly from treatment.

I really like the honesty displayed in your journal. I can relate a lot to the instant feelings of guilt you have for your anger. I get instant feelings of guilt for everything, good–bad-ugly– enjoyed it–didn’t enjoy it–angry–sad, it doesn’t matter the emotion there’s always a reason to feel that somehow I’ve failed.

Your journal is a pearl, and some of the people who drop by on tumblr will be pigs and won’t understand the value of what you are sharing with the world. Don’t let those people discourage you!

REPORT ABUSE

addjournal

Thank you pinkdex, I’m so happy to get such a positive response to what I’m doing!

It’s a lot easier to post your issues online anonymously. I’d never be able to do it with my real name on it, since it’s so personal and it’s all really something I’ve felt is totally humiliating through my entire life. It’s all something I’ve never ever talked to anyone about. And I feel better now that I’ve written it down. And somehow this stuff starts to seem not so horrible anymore.

I’m aware of the human capability to be pigs online, but I’m ready for all that. I’ve got years of online experience, and I’ve seen it all! It might be harder to deal with since it’s such personal experiences, but I’ll handle it somehow if anyone starts becoming hostile. I won’t be discouraged!

And about the guilt, boy do I know how you feel. I feel guilty about EVERYTHING. No matter what happens, even if it’s not even my fault, I’ll feel guilty about it.

But in happy news, I’m going to a psychiatrist tomorrow so finally I’ll get a professional opinion! I’m really really excited! And nervous at the same time hah.

REPORT ABUSE

pinkdex

That is great! I love being on this forum because I feel like I can relate to everyone. Good for you! Keep us posted on how the psych visit goes 🙂

REPORT ABUSE

Patte Rosebank
    Participant

@ADDJournal, I second @Pinkdex!

Sometimes, just getting diagnosed is a heck of an adventure. It helps to have a sense of humour. And to be able to write about that adventure.

REPORT ABUSE

blackdog

@ADDjournal – Good luck with the psych. I hope you get the answers you are looking for. Just try to relax and be totally honest. Don’t hold anything back.

I have my own assessment coming up soon. I have been jotting down notes, recording “ADD moments” so that I won’t forget them when I am there. And I have a couple of before and after shots of my living room for visual aids, to show how quickly it all descends into chaos. I find it difficult to describe things and usually what I say ends up being mistaken for something else. I say my house is so messy I can’t have anyone over and they think I’m a perfectionist. I say that I have trouble concentrating and remembering things and they think it’s because I’m depressed. I am hoping this guy will be different because he specializes in ADHD.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)