Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

I talked to my dr about my Consorta wearing off. Good thing!

I talked to my dr about my Consorta wearing off. Good thing!2012-07-24T04:22:58+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey Other I talked to my dr about my Consorta wearing off. Good thing!

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have a great Psychiatrist! She is very understanding off ADD,and do I have case of it! I take 54 mg of Consorta in the morning,and a bumper dose of 10 mg Methylphenidate in the afternoon. I was telling my dr that I took my Consorta in the morning,and by the afternoon I was back to frazzle land. So she gave me a bumper dose in the afternoon,and wow! It really helped me get through the day. I have a real battle with ADD. I will walk into traffic if I don’t concentrate. I have written about my anger of not being diagnosed when I was a kid. The poor teacher’s. I had one teacher walk me to my chair,and literally sat me down in my chair. I just can’t wrap my head around the fact that when the medication wears off I am back to my symptom’s that are quite obvious to me,and other’s. I am a drummer,and I find it easier to play by ear then read music. I have thought after thought in my head like I’m not driving the bus. I have music in my head most the time. I can sit and watch youtube music video’s one after the other. Is that the same as a gammer? Am I addicted,or just trying to stay stimulated… I was drinking coffee,and Red Bull’s in the afternoon,and told my dr this. I am glad she bumped up my afternoon dose. I am still wrestling with myself on medication. I need it to survive it seems. Like I said,I have had friend’s,and family say..”did you take your med’s” and I said yes this morning. I know Consorta lasts 12 hrs but really? I seem to do good jamming with friend’s on the drum’s. It is fast pased,and I love to play. They say If you like to do something you will be more apt at paying attention. I am very glad I had a good talk with my Dr. I think that is the key to my well being. A little extra medication has gone a long way to help me cope. I still struggle on the medication though,like I am sure many do.

REPORT ABUSE

Robbo

Remember to ask your doctor about trying wellbutrin. That might combine well with the ritalin and Concerta, of course the amounts are different with everyone.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)