Dr. Umesh Jain
is now exclusively responsible
for TotallyADD.com
and its content
Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey Is It Just Me? I think I liked it better before I found out

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Inactive
    #89629 |

Been really struggling the last few weeks and wondering if anyone else has felt this way. Before I was diagnosed I was an easy going, kind hearted screw-up who got by, barely but got by, now that I have a diagnosis I find myself over thinking everything, stressing over little things and still struggling to get by. I’ve been working really hard on being a “responsible” grown up, paying my bills, keeping appointments and all the other things “responsible” people are supposed to do but I honestly feel crazier than ever. My moods feel like they are all over the place and I find myself wanting to shut down when I get overloaded and do nothing, thank god for my g/f who is understanding and tries to keep me motivated but how long should she have to suffer? I used to have anger issues which I have under control but have found my self feeling very on edge lately and that scares me.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hmm Rickster………….just because you now have a label……….imposed by others??? That maybe means something to you…….I don’t know…..maybe????? Maybe it’s just got you thinking……never a bad thing.

When we gain new information sometimes it upsets our perception in our world……until we get it all rationalized again…..maybe??

Your discomfort may be trying to send you a message…..I know when that happens to me, it’s time to stop, and pay attention. My discomfort is usually trying to tell me something…if I just stop and listen.

that’s just me tho…..

toofat

nellie

I can kinda relate to that Rickster,

I think it’s the constant awareness – it just seems like so much effort after a while. I think maybe because we are learning to do things in a more routine way. After all those years of avoidance etc, suddenly we have to develop new habits. Perhaps because it’s not second nature ( yet I hope) it requires more mental effort. All that paying attention is more work than I thought I guess :-)

Anonymous
    Inactive

True dat Nellie…….. but……I found heightened awareness became natural, just who I am. It’s kinda like I always had it but never knew. I actually like it, go figure!! I never notice till somebody says something…kinda like my tinnitus, often I don’t notice the ringing until somebody says” hey your ears ringing today”. Hmmmm….yup!!!

toofat

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.