Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

I was on Cylert for ADD and it's been banned, what is the replacement?

I was on Cylert for ADD and it's been banned, what is the replacement?2011-02-23T02:49:30+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Other Meds I was on Cylert for ADD and it's been banned, what is the replacement?

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

when i was in highschool back in 1998. I was on Cylert(Pemoline) for ADD

I had run the gauntlet of the Ritalin family and the methylphenidate diriverative drugs that were available at that time.

Ritilen,

Ritilan extended release

Aderall

I was also placed on Effexor for panic attacks and depkote for mood swings .

of the ADD drugs Cylert was the only one that wasn’t giving me harsh ups and downs.

all the Ritalin dirivitives at the time .

would put me thru a roller coaster during the day and i never felt like i was hitting an even keel.

after a while I choose to self manage . but now that i’m 30.

i’m wondering if i should start researching the newer more updated rugs since ADD treatments have come a long way from my time of being treated like a second class citizen in highschool.

currently i am noticing some focus issues and although i’m pretty good at self managing.

I’m willing to explore treatment again. or at least go thru another diagnosis.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

i’d definately at least go and talk to someone about doing it again- there are loads of good drugs around now- like straterra (which isn’t a stimulant) and new versions of drugs that break down more effectively as well- which might help avoid your rollercoaster stuff. can’t hurt to at least find out what your options are, right?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

i’ll be going on the 25th .

insurance finally cleared “yeh!”

i’ll look up straterra..

hubby is going to need to be re-diagnosed also .

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

good luck! :D

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)