Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

If the shoe was on the other foot

If the shoe was on the other foot2011-01-06T19:56:16+00:00

The Forums Forums What is it? Other If the shoe was on the other foot

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

My father had a super ability to focus and concentrate. He could do mathematical calculations in his head while talking to other people. Really good at it. The rest of his family were also smart. On the other hand my mother is Ukrainian, and by the way she described her father I think he must have had ADHD. I have also heard that more than the usual amount of Ukrainian people have this disorder, so I must have inherited it from her side of the family.

Can you imagine being ADD and having a father who was just the extreme opposite of you. He told me there is nothing wrong with me except that I have a lazy mind. He wouldn’t even help me with my homework. I was an embarrassment. If he only new how hard I tried. To say the least we didn’t get along. Well, after many years of misunderstanding I got to thinking; what if the shoe were on the other foot? What if I were the smart one, and my son had ADHD, would I have made the same mistake? Then I thought, it is quite possible. Realizing that I don’t feel so angry.

As smart as he was, his perception of me was based on ignorance.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

you are a wise man :)

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)