Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

I'm putting this site in my PermaTabs

I'm putting this site in my PermaTabs2010-12-29T21:54:30+00:00

The Forums Forums Tools, Techniques & Treatments I'm putting this site in my PermaTabs

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I use Firefox, and I keep a bookmarks list like everyone else. But anything I put into my bookmarks is just going into a black hole.

I’m sure you understand.

I use an add-on from Firefox called PermaTabs that preloads website tabs that I tag as permanent. Right now I have two permanent tabs; when I open Firefox, AOL and another site I want to look into deeper when I get the time one day pre-loads. Now I’m adding TotallyADD.

It would be ironic, but I’ll probably end up forgetting about TotallyADD one day after an initial flurry of activity. I know me.

I hope this tip helps others who are prone to lose track of good sites that you don’t necessarily use all the time, and bookmarks won’t help.

If you’re currently a Firefox user, want to try preloaded tabs, but aren’t familiar with add-ons, then do this from your menu:

* Click Tools, then Add-ons.

* Click Browse All Add-ons from the pop-up menu.

Then stop! Do not browse the newly opened Add Ons website, or you’ll end up playing for an hour, forgetting what you’re doing!! ;)

* In the search field, type in PermaTabs and enter.

* Click Add to Firefox from either PermaTabs Mod.

* Restart your browser according to directions.

* Reopen Firefox to the website page you want preloaded.

* On the tab of the website, right-click.

* Scroll to PermaTabs > Permanent Tab. Click it.

* The tab will turn a pinkish-brownish. It’s permanent for as long as you want.

* Organize the tabs by dragging left or right.

* Lastly, click Tools, then PermaTabs Options to set your Rules. (good idea)

Then, feel free to play around with other add ons. ;)

Good luck.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)