Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Impatience and meds

Impatience and meds2011-05-01T13:10:39+00:00
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

nellie

Just wondering if anyone finds that the meds help with reducing the impatience symptoms.

Currently on Concerta ( week and a half) and tried a bunch of others previously and only now noticing that the impatience I have is either more obvious or I notice it more and am able to react ( not sure which).

Yesterday, for example, was standing in line to make an appointment and the receptionist was looking up something or another ( later realized someone on the phone was waiting for her) but she never looked up at me so much as to say “won’t be long.” In the meantime I nearly went ballistic and was ready to jump out of my skin and it took all my self control to keep quiet. In hindsight, it was probably only a minute or so but felt like hours. I was able to talk myself down so to speak and wait but can’t say it felt comfortable.

A few days before that a medical secretary ( you know one of the mean bull-dog types) said something to me that normally would have sent me down the wrong road or at least I would have told her how rude she is but I kept quiet and smiled outwardly.

While before meds these sorts of episodes were normal ( and cause for a few cases of road rage not to mention embarrassing my kids) I haven’t really noticed so many while on the other meds, so not sure if it was circumstance or that Concerta isn’t helping to control it as much.

So back to the original question – what is you experience with impatience symptom control and meds?

REPORT ABUSE

Carrie

I found that Ritalin (which is Methylphenidate, including Concerta) on the down (for an hour after wears off) made me VERY irritable and have a short fuse. My husband is the one who said its like I PMS everyday! hahaha Thats just the down. While on it I don’t recall much of a difference besides my focus being there. However I do believe it!

I find on the current meds im on (Dexedrine, and Adderall XR) I DO feel much calmer. Medication helps control the impulsiveness, which of course helps us not act out so fast! hahaha

REPORT ABUSE

nellie

Hmm interesting. I have tried Adderall XR but found it made me anxious at night and jumpy during the day. I wonder if the fact that I was able to keep my mouth shut actually means that the Concerta’s working ?:-)

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)