Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

impulsive but not hyper?

impulsive but not hyper?2011-01-27T03:00:32+00:00

The Forums Forums Ask The Community impulsive but not hyper?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

I’m in my early forties, I’m just learning about adult ADHD. I’ve got 7 of the inattentive symptoms, none of the hyperactive, and all three of the impulsive. I’m always in a hurry, and always late, for no apparent reason. I’ve never met a stop sign that didn’t look more like a yield sign to me. I have issues with fatigue, and possibly misdiagnosed with depression? Anyhow, is there a inattentive/impulsive subtype? My mother has ADHD with an capital H, and I’ve always seemed different from her, with the exception that we both drive like we’re late whether we are or not.

I’m heading to my primary care physician Friday, and I’m afraid they’ll give me the wrong diagnosis or meds, since my symptoms don’t seem to line up with the main subtypes. Any advice? Thanks.

REPORT ABUSE

Ivriniel
    Participant

Yes, there is a inattentive/impulsive subtype. It’s referred to as Combined hyperactive-impulsive and inattentive.

You don’t have to be hyperactive to fall under hyperactive-impulsive. Often adults with ADHD are less hyperactive than they were as kids, but the impulsivity remains.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

HORSE HOCKEY!

…sorry.

Maybe I shouldn’t have said that. ;-)

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)