Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

inattentive and chaos

inattentive and chaos2010-12-26T21:54:14+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication inattentive and chaos

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I fit into the inattentive subset and I function in a world of clutter(not hoarder kind of clutter). Does anyone have any tips.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Regimented routine as far as putting things as close to where they belong as possible, and having someone to help you tidy. I find it much easier to stay focused on the space I’m tidying when I have SOMEONE ELSE to carry things to the bin, or the linen press, or wherever in the house that would take me out of the room and break my stride.

Also, knowing what sorts of things distract you and changing things around that. For instance, if I finish a carton of juice I have to clean the thing out and put it in the recycling bin straight away, or I’ll forget. It doesn’t work perfectly, but doing it BEFORE I have my juice rather than after is slightly more likely to work than the other way around :-p

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Routine is a huge thing for me. everything has its place and I plan what I wear even the night before so I am not late for anything. Finding something that calms your mind is imparative. I workout for 15- 20 minutes every morning as well as take meds If I miss a workout I know it. So Routine is huge.

Just having a activity that clears your mind is really helpful to. I hope it helps….

REPORT ABUSE

bucklipe

mrmmcgary, flylady.com is a site that helps with humorous and understanding suggestions. It is very helpful to have some strategies to be able to put into practice. She has instructions for compiling a notebook of housework. It seems easier for me to have something I can check off. Probably the best thing about the site is that it helps me get past the self criticism and condemnation…

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)