Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Info was faxed to my doc this week

Info was faxed to my doc this week2012-08-18T11:48:40+00:00

The Forums Forums I Just Found Out! I Have a Diagnosis, Now What? Info was faxed to my doc this week

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

distractedmomma

So now the next step is to make a doc’s appointment and see what my treatment options are. Simple? Not really. I called my doc’s office yesterday and the line was busy, then I got a message that calls were only answered between 9 and 11 on Fridays (I called at 10:15). Anyway, I tried a few times and made a mental note (yeah, I know, not the best idea) to call back in the next few minutes.

Anyway, the phone rang. It was a friend I hadn’t spoken to in a long while. During the conversation, my 2 boys started fighting and I had to hang up.

I then look at the time and it’s past 11am :( Completely forgot to try the doc’s office again. Now I have to wait til Monday. I just hope I don’t have trouble getting through next time too.

DD

REPORT ABUSE

quizzical
    Participant

Love your screen name – I can relate! And the two-boys-fighting-derailing-thought-trains scene is way too familiar…. :)

Once I used a timer set to ring every ten minutes when I couldn’t get through on a phone call. Worked really well! Now I just have to remember to try that again some time….

Good luck on Monday! Hope you get through!

REPORT ABUSE

distractedmomma

Hmmm great idea with the timer! I should try that with my cellphone. Never thought of it :S

My screen name it what describes me best lately ;) I am constantly struggling to remember what I was about to do 5 minutes ago. I starting moving in one direction and the next constantly distracted by the phone, the tv, the kids, the computer, the door…. and the list goes on :P

REPORT ABUSE

distractedmomma

Darn, missed it again. By the time I got around to calling the doctor’s office, I got the answering machine and it was telling me that the office was closed for the day and would remain closed until Wednesday. Sheesh!

REPORT ABUSE

kc5jck
    Participant

I’ve decided that with answering machines, phone trees, and transfers to supervisors, that it is quicker to write a letter. It saves explaining the problem over again to several different people, and the time to write the letter is less than the time spent on hold before being able to speak to somebody who doesn’t have the intellegence or authority to be of any use.

Now I’m thinking maybe of creating a set of form letters to have on file to facilitate the process. 😈 I could say that I am temporally impaired and am unable to use their “system” what ever it may be.

REPORT ABUSE

distractedmomma

Too bad I didn’t think to tell my psychologist to include a note asking the doctor to call me, since it will most likely take me a month to get my act together and call the doctors office lol.

I haven’t been getting much sleep and I’m 100 times worse than usual. A friend of mine who’s never been to my place is dropping by tomorrow and I’m in a bit of a panic because the house is a huge mess!! What a great first impression :S

REPORT ABUSE

distractedmomma

Well, still haven’t made the doc’s appointment, but since i’m writing about it now I should just stop and pick up the phone ;)

REPORT ABUSE

distractedmomma

Line still busy :(

REPORT ABUSE

ipsofacto

Keep trying to get through. I know in the past when I have procrastinated about making a phone call, I’ve been almost relieved when the line is busy, and I can procrastinate some more without feeling so guilty 👿

REPORT ABUSE

kc5jck
    Participant

Here’s an idea:

Pick a time that is convienent for you to go to the doctor. Send them a card confirming an appointment at that time. (The doctors do this to me all the time.) Note on the card to call you if the appointment needs to be changed. Mail the card to the doc and don’t forgedt to show up at the appointed time.

-or-

Do like McKenna and just show up. Get really irate that they gave your appointment to someone else and demand that they see you as you had to rearrange you entire schedule and hired a sitter to accomodate them.

Let us know what happens. :P

REPORT ABUSE

distractedmomma

I managed to get through and got an appointment for September 12th. Unfortunately, my 5 year old will be with me, so I don’t know how it’s going to go. I might have to reschedule :(

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)