Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Interactions

Interactions2012-03-10T20:21:35+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Side Effects General Interactions

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve been told by my PCP that I can’t take any more ADHD meds because they would have bad interactions with my other medications that I take for high blood pressure, acid reflux, etc. This leaves me in a bind because the demons are turning in my head over time now. Miguel

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is there a question in there Miguel???

Toofat

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

Miguel – obviously you need to control your blood pressure so that has to have priority. I know the stimulants aren’t compatible with blood pressure meds, but you could ask them what your options are for non-stimulant medication for ADHD.

Maybe there are people on the forum who take meds for high blood pressure and meds for ADHD that could share what they take so you can offer your doctors some suggestions. Of course those meds may not work for you but worth a try anyway?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m taking a low dose blood pressure med – 12.5 mg of Hydrochlorothiazide and 40 mg of Strattera and my blood pressure is now pretty good. I’m kind of overweight too, and since my mom had a massive stroke at a very young age (her blood pressure was high), that scared me into action. So at this point I’ve lost 20 lbs since early January. I’m hoping that as I lose a few more, I can go off the blood pressure meds. Before Strattera, I was taking 27 mg of Concerta (I think) along with the same b.p. med.

It’s an added benefit of Strattera that it’s reduced my appetite. It’s made it much easier to walk right past the chocolate and cookies and barely notice them.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)