Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Introducing Myself

Introducing Myself2012-11-25T10:43:37+00:00
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello!

My boyfriend and I have been together nearly 3 1/2 years and moved in together a year ago. He is 63 and I am 44. Although he has never been diagnosed with ADD and was not receptive to my suggestion that he might have ADD, I very strongly suspect that he has ADD. I caught part of a show on PBS last spring and went “omg, that’s him!”

He is so caught up in seeing things like this as character deficits rather than untreated medical conditions that I haven’t been able to get him to discuss it. I wish he would, because I strongly believe he would benefit greatly from treatment. I don’t want to change him–I love him–yet at the same time I can’t deal with the clutter, chaos, misplaced items, mood swings, impulsive behavior, inappropriate comments and procrastination.

I just ordered “You Mean I’m not Lazy, Stupid or Crazy?” and a couple of other books. I look forward to reading them and learning from you about how you maintain healthy, positive relationships built on appreciation for the positive attributes of folks who have ADD/ADHD.

MissMuffins

REPORT ABUSE

kc5jck
    Participant

I’m the wrong one to help you with this.

There is a book: The ADHD Effect on Marriage, which goes into relationship issues that you can look at. There is also a forum Survival in an ADD relationship… http://totallyadd.com/forum/topic.php?id=256 (Look down to MOFOMOM61)

Good luck

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)