Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Ironically Distracted?

Ironically Distracted?2011-01-30T06:34:00+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Adderall XR Ironically Distracted?

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

So, I’m basically just curious if this happens to anyone else. (Also, don’t correct me on the use of “Ironic,” if I used it wrong. It’s a frustrating word.)

This happens to me ALL THE TIME. I will notice myself becoming distracted or I will notice that I HAVE BEEN distracted, and I will attempt to stop it by taking my medication (Adderall, or, a few years ago, Ritalin). After I take it, I know it still has to kick in, and I use that as an excuse to continue with my distractions, thinking to myself, “WELL THEN I’ll just sit here on this website (or whatever else I’m doing) while I wait for my medication to kick in, right?” So very wrong, indeed. I will then continue to stay on that distraction until my medication kicks in and all the way through its effective-period. It’s rather silly, I admit, but it’s still a pain in the arse.

Funny thing, I’m actually supposed to be reading The Tempest and doing some stupid school work right now, but I’ve been learning about ADHD and exploring this website instead for quite a while. This actually just happened to me. I took 5mg of Adderall about 2 hours ago…

I was just wondering if any of you do this too. So do you?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Don’t always know when I am being distracted all the time, untill some one says something to me. Like you look like you where miles a way. Other times where did time go. I do not take meds. Have no medacal insrance. 1 income, make to much for State help. Have my good and bad days. Chocolate seems to help a little. Seems though, need to keep it in me consantly. Try not to run out of chocolate Silk. Better for me then candy.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

hahahaha. i do that LOADS.

“oooh look, its 3pm and i didn’t eat yet. hmmm. internet isn’t good for me. *type type type click* ooooh look- 6pm and i’m still on the internet! thats no good. i should stop doing that. i’m gonna log off in a sec. ok, in 15 minutes from… NOW. make that 30. okay 45 and thats ALL. ooh look, now its 9pm. i should turn this thing off. ok, just one more website. ooooh look- midnight- this strategy isn’t working, is it? oooh look 12:45pm OH CRAP BF COMES HOME FROM WORK IN 5 MINUTES AND I DIDN’T GET DRESSED, TAKE A SHOWER, EAT LUNCH, OR DO DISHES YET. CRAP OH CRAP OH CRAP OH CRAP *flails about desperately trying to close windows and log off while everything crashes and i hear his key in the door* “

stop giving yourself excuses to keep procrastinating- when you realise you’re faffing about on the computer- if you’re motivated enough to actively reach for the bottle, get up and get a drink of water, and physically take your adderall, i bet you can muster up the motivation to not walk back in the direction that you came from (ie: that f the computer). the pills only HELP you focus- they don’t control your arms and legs, they just make a you a bit more receptive to focusing on doing what you wanna do….if you decide that you really wanna hang around online until you feel the urge to do otherwise, you’ll just be really well focused on browsing for a few hours while the pills are working. :P

now, if i could just pry my fingers off the keyboard….. i’d take my own advice. if i had adderal, that is. :D

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

When My husband is gone for the week end with his sons, or when he has taken a client on vacation,

I do not eat, much. I will look back at the day say, did I eat? I may beable to tell you I ate or I may say I do not know.

Do not like to eat.

Do not feel hungry most of the time.

Do not care to eat.

My husband is home after wk. most of the time.

He did not like my cooking and small portion.

I was not taught how to cook by my mother,( she asks my husband how to cook thing now).

I took woodshop in school.

He does most of the cooking. I have leard alot since he took over 20some years ago.

Food is not a inportant thing in my life.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

When My husband is gone for the week end with his sons, or when he has taken a client on vacation,

I do not eat, much. I will look back at the day say, did I eat? I may beable to tell you I ate or I may say I do not know.

Do not like to eat.

Do not feel hungry most of the time.

Do not care to eat.

My husband is home after wk. most of the time.

He did not like my cooking and small portion.

I was not taught how to cook by my mother,( she asks my husband how to cook thing now).

I took woodshop in school.

He does most of the cooking. I have leard alot since he took over 20some years ago.

Food is not a inportant thing in my life.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

you have to eat! your body needs the fuel, just like your car needs petrol. i don’t want your body to break down.

what do you think you could do to make food more appealing?

are there any flavours you enjoy?

have you considered learning a little bit about how to cook? its a creative art- just like woodshop is!

can you get food nutrients into yourself in a liquid form- smoothies, warm soup drinks, etc?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Could shoud. When I eat it is grab & eat most of the time. I know I need to eat, Having the will power to eat. Then when I do eat all I want to do is sleep, Then I’m up all night. I do not do much, do not work, I am a home maker that quilts. So I do not burn alot of calries. I suck on doing Quilting, EQ program, Doing house cleaning, so time passes by and do not realize the time.

REPORT ABUSE

Carrie

Grandmairisleanna – Your comment “you look like you where miles a way” reminds me of a funny story…

I used to work with my mom in housekeeping and one day decided I would scare her (I always played jokes on her) and I hid in the closet and of course she opened it I jumped out etc etc. So later that day we were in the bathroom together and I was waaaaaaaaaaaaay off in thought (as usual, no wonder eh?) and she saw that. She was standing not even a foot away and yelled “BOO” and I jumped around screaming and flailing my arms. She laughed her head off. I thought it was quite silly that I could be so lost in thought (about nothing as always haha) that she could scare me that easy. But she knows the way I am and took the opportunity! haahahaha

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have found I do this a lot!! Especially when I’m stressed. This week has been bad. I called my mother to talk around 12noon and then called her later that evening and couldn’t remember if I had called her earlier. Grrrrrr

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, it is 12:30 PM, I am exhausted, on this website, writing a post, have been on site for about an hour and I have a deadline due in the morning for work.

Does this answer the question as to whether I participate in above described behavior on the internet?

Will sign off now.

Thanks for the redirect just by reading your story:)

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)