Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Irrational Fear Taking Over My Life…Please Help

Irrational Fear Taking Over My Life…Please Help2013-09-30T23:11:53+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey I'm Scared Irrational Fear Taking Over My Life…Please Help

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

kc5jck
    Participant

It occurred to me this evening in selecting my next Halloween avatar that they may have been overly disturbing to some of our members, such as those posting above.  If so, I apologize and shall be more considerate with their selection in the future.

REPORT ABUSE

ADHDMOOSIE

Truly only a medical professional can diagnose obsessive compulsive disorder, or ADD. That being said, obsessive compulsive disorder affects different people in various ways.

For example, some people must count incessantly; others must run around the block to to make sure they did not hit anybody in their car. Some people however wash their hands incessantly. And yet others must have things in a specific location. Others feel a overwhelming sense of awesome responsibility, as if one wrong movement or a act could resolve a complete disaster.

So you see there’s not one simple answer for every person. It’s something that you would probably need to sort out with professional like Dr. Jain.
    If it does turn out that you have obsessive compulsive disorder, in addition to attention deficit disorder, it is not the end of the world. Help is available to learn to modify your behavior and get the most effective medication to treat your symptoms.

After all boards like this exist to help people like us. Good idea to see your Dr. so he or she can help sort out your issues. It sort of like if you had a heart condition you take medicine for that right? So when you have issues like obsessive compulsive disorder possibly, or attention deficit disorder, it makes sense that you might need medication for that too? Right?

I can say that I’ve definitely benefited from behavior modification and medication. My ability to focus and work through issues has improved since making these changes. Good luck and keep talking to all of us that can relate.

REPORT ABUSE

blackdog

@kc5jck – Well, I didn’t want to say anything, but….good call on the avatars. Love that you are getting into the spirit of the season though.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)