Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Is anyone else coping with Adhd and enrolled in college?

Is anyone else coping with Adhd and enrolled in college?2018-12-14T04:35:00+00:00

The Forums Forums The Workplace College Is anyone else coping with Adhd and enrolled in college?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

eashline92
    Participant

Hello all. My name is Emilee, I am 26 years old and got my diagnosis at 24 years old. I am currently attending online classes at Colorado Technical University and am studying psychology. I am going for bachelor’s degree. I just had to switch my major from criminal justice/human services to psychology due to failings class too many times. As an adult with adhd, I have horrible habits of procrastination, being lazy, and focusing on things that are not really important for school. I am two weeks behind in school and surprised to even have a C. I am not medicated because I do not like how the medication makes me feel. Any suggestions on how to improve my grade and stay motivated?

REPORT ABUSE

loot
    Participant

Hey Emilee, I know you mentioned your classes are online, but is there any way for you to reach out to someone who is following the same classes as you? I found partnering up with someone really helpful. Whenever you get stuck, you can easily ask each other for help and (for me at least) wanting to be able to help out a study-buddy is a great motivator to get started.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)