Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Is it common to always feel like one is being chassed

Is it common to always feel like one is being chassed2011-01-23T12:34:34+00:00

The Forums Forums Ask The Community Is it common to always feel like one is being chassed

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

trashman

it , does not matter if I am working or reading or just waking through a store, I am always in such a hurry , thats probably part of why I get so upset with myself and then with what i am doeing and of course ever little mistake gets bigger and bigger, so is this an adhd thing or just a me thing. I ofen wonder whitch of these simtoms tat we talk about are add related, or just a normal part of the human brain does anyone else have this pproblem? so days I am so rushed that I start nothing.

REPORT ABUSE

dspicelady

I don’t know, trashman, if it’s an ADD thing or just you AND me. I also feel rushed all the time. It’s funny because my life for the most part really isn’t all that stressful (only when I make it so). Yes, I’m busy, lots to do, but really, I have the time to get things done. It just feels like I always have to rush. For myself, it’s like the “time police” are chasing me.

I know how easy it is to let myself get distracted and suddenly have several hours go by, so I feel like I have to get my “stuff” done really quickly before I lose myself in something. There have been too many times when I have been reading, working or whatever, and time disappears and then I discover all kinds of mistakes or missed appointments etc. I also tend to get pretty ticked off at myself because I know I let myself “drift”. This, for me, is where the hurrying comes from. The stress and fear of losing time to my distractibility and of disappointing myself and everyone around me again and again. I too understand that feeling of being so rushed that you start nothing. I chalk it up to anxiety over not being able to finish it (getting distracted) or just not paying enough attention to do it right. I end up feeling like a computer with too many apps and not enough working memory. Physically frozen in place, but frantic inside.

I don’t know if any of this made any sense to you, but I felt in my head that I knew what you meant and wanted to show my support. ;)

REPORT ABUSE

trashman

Thanks , that’s it . iam always having to rush so now even if I don’t have to Iam still in a hurry and Iam still slower than others doing the same thing. but the rushing makes me still make a lot of mastakes even on my concerta ,Iam just more aware of the things as they are going wrong . then I start shoting myself down all over again.

REPORT ABUSE

nellie

One of the symptoms of ADD is feeling like an internal motor is driving you. Is that what you mean? What you two describe is how I feel as well – kind of being pushed although you don’t know why. Even if there’s no deadline you still fell like you have to hurry.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)