Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Is there a test or something to see what I might be good at?

Is there a test or something to see what I might be good at?2011-08-30T03:57:42+00:00

The Forums Forums Ask The Community Is there a test or something to see what I might be good at?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

msnow81

Is there a test or a way to find a clue as to what I might or might not be good at. If not a test then maybe ideas on how I might started on finding out?

REPORT ABUSE

trashman

hi, I am told by friend at the learning disability’s association that their are test to find your top interests. not something to say this is what you should do, but it should point you in the right direction. hope this helps.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

am not sure either, but I sure would also like to know if folks have any suggestions.

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

Psychometric testing can be really informative. The sub tests can reveal aptitudes as well as problem areas. For example, the Weischler adult scale has several sections, breaking up verbal skills and performance skills into subsets. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wechsler_Adult_Intelligence_Scale They’re quite expensive to have done and they also give you an overall IQ score which isn’t actually very helpful in my opinion, especially as someone with ADHD (or dyslexia or dyspraxia or asperger’s etc etc) is likely to have a ‘spiky’ profile that will bring down the overall score by quite a bit.

However, what it can do is show areas of strength – eg some of the practical skills might be much higher than the other scores and that might provide a jumping point for finding out more? I personally wouldn’t go for anything like that without being sure that the person administering the test would be able to offer sound advice as to how the results can be used and without being sure that the ‘IQ’ score wasn’t going to be an issue.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)