Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Is this normal????

Is this normal????2018-12-19T07:55:11+00:00

The Forums Forums What is it? ADHD/ADD in Childhood Is this normal????

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

snowy
    Participant

Hello my name Is snowy and I am in grade 9! While researching ADHD I came across two sections Child’s and Adults ADHD I looked at both of the symptoms list and I found out my ADHD had more things to do with the adults ADHD then the child’s! Is this bad or concerning?

REPORT ABUSE

mia12g
    Participant

Hi Snowy, this is totally based on option and personal experience so I feel the need to say that if you are concerned I would ask a professional who is skilled in treating ADHD. This said…

I am a 46 year old mother of an 11 year old daughter and I have/had 2 foster children (a 9 year old girl and a 6 year old boy) and we ALL have been recently diagnosed ADHD. I am pretty certain my husband has it too but he is able to deal with things well enough that he isn’t feeling the need for a diagnosis/treatment.

So, regarding your question, I believe that you probably identify more with the adult symptoms because you are closer to an adult than a child since you are in your mid-teens. I have noticed in my research that things I read, when looking at info about children, pertain more to my younger kids and less to even my 11 year old. I have seen her symptoms really change a lot in the last year or so. I wouldn’t consider it concerning but rather that you are growing up but again, if you are concerned seek out help. Maybe you are at a point where you are needing to adjust your treatment plan?

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by mia12g.
    REPORT ABUSE

goodbad
    Participant

Hi,mia12g,you seem understanding,i posted my question in the form of an answer to another question, ijust signed up on here and am lost …can u maybe help? My add medication makes me feel like a woman, full blown dressed with makeup and all ,im a straight man,the strange thing is …i really like it…am i losing my mind? Am i a woman trapped in a mans body? Confused, please help

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)