Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Just bought my ticket!…And I'm weirdly nervous about it.

Just bought my ticket!…And I'm weirdly nervous about it.2011-06-11T19:07:28+00:00

The Forums Forums What is it? Do I Have it? Just bought my ticket!…And I'm weirdly nervous about it.

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

quizzical
    Participant

After much “should-I-or-shouldn’t-I?” I have bought a ticket to tomorrow’s stage show!

And, just to be my usual exasperating self, I’m all tied up in knots about it.

Mostly because I’m worried that I’ll see somebody I know there, and they’ll spot me and be thinking, “What is SHE doing here? She’s not ADD.”

Which could be true. I’m certainly not the Impulsive Type (see “should-I-or-shouldn’t-I” comment above :) ).

All this angst is stupid, I know. Let’s start with the seeing someone I know part. This is a big town.

But the whole soul-in-a-pretzel business, this is how it is with me these days. I’m all obsessed with the idea that I have this, and yet pretty much nobody I’ve confessed this obsession to has agreed with me. Which makes the idea of my going to a show devoted to the topic just a little bit Out There.

Worse, I have to go by myself, so somebody can watch the kids.

But, despite all that, I BOUGHT MY TICKET.

And I’m looking forward to it, angst and all. I’ve been enjoying the videos and blog posts on this site so much, and it really will be fun to see all these guys in person.

Anyone else out there going?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wrong country for me. But I can totally get the twisted pretzel thoughts. I like to think of it as my impulsiveness being at war with my social anxiety. Nobody has agreed with me about my suspicion of ADHD….they all say “oh yeah, I do that too” and I feel stupid to have opened my big mouth. But I need to vent sometimes. I am just relieved I finally brought it up with my son’s psychologist (in my typical impulsive-anxious “blurt-it-out-and-say-everything-I-need-to-say-all-in-one-hit-(getting-louder-as-I-go)-before-I-lose-my-nerve” style). Just having someone to not put me down really helped, though I know it’s her job not to be judgemental.

Well done on getting your ticket. I hope you enjoy the show.

REPORT ABUSE

quizzical
    Participant

Thanks! Now I just have to get to the theater without getting lost! :)

Kind of amazing that nobody’s agreed with you when you already have a diagnosed family member; guess that shows you how little people know about this. What’s funny is I’m seeing ADD in all sorts of people now that I’ve been reading about it. As in, thinking about this or that old friend and saying to myself, “Yeah, he probably has it…” :)

REPORT ABUSE

Wgreen
    Participant

I live just a few miles away and had no idea this thing was happening. Somebody needs to post these things to the forum. Or did I just miss it?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

@quizzical great to hear you’ll be there. Let us know how it went!

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)