Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Just diagnosed – Biphentin question

Just diagnosed – Biphentin question2014-04-24T21:45:15+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Biphentin Just diagnosed – Biphentin question

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

copwithadd

Hi everybody,

I’m a 45 year old male (I’m a Police Officer from Canada). I was diagnosed with ADD last week and the Dr. prescribed Biphentin for me. He has me doing 10mg for 2 days, 20mgs for 2 days and so on up to 80. He also wanted me to “attempt” 2 tasks each day that I would normally procrastinate on or not do because of focus etc. I am up to 40mg and I really haven’t noticed a difference. Is that typical. I realize everyone is different but some people describe their meds as a “light switch” turned on. Maybe I haven’t reached the right dosage yet or maybe Biphentin is the wrong drug for me.

Any thoughts?

REPORT ABUSE

blackdog

Hi @copwithadd, welcome. 🙂

I’m not familiar with Biphentin so I can’t say what would be a typical result. It could be that you haven’t reached the right dosage yet, or it could be that it just isn’t the right medication for you.  There is really no way to tell except trial and error.

The “light switch” thing doesn’t always happen. I started taking Vyvanse about 6 months ago. The first day, about an hour after I took it, it was like I suddenly woke up.  But I never really got that feeling again. And I still need my morning coffee.

Your doctor’s idea of trying to focus on something every day is not a bad one. But it may be a little too soon to expect any results. It takes time to adjust. The medication makes it easier for you to focus but you still have to learn how to focus and, more importantly, how to focus on the right things. And you still need to find some strategies  that work for you. And you probably have some bad habits that you need to try to replace with good ones. There are things that you will always have to work on no matter what medication you are taking. Doctors tend to not understand this.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)