Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Just Diagnosed Today

Just Diagnosed Today2011-01-27T02:03:50+00:00
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Carrie

Hello, I just had my appointment with the psychiatrist and found out I have ADD. At first I was relieved since it explains everything that is wrong in my life and I am so happy to find out there is effective treatment. I am nervous now about what my future holds and how my family and others will react. I really don’t want to tell anyone right now but anticipate the changes that will occur! I hope I can find others like me to share this adventure with! Nice to meet you all!

Carrie

REPORT ABUSE

Orion

Welcome Carrie! You are definitely not alone. We have all been there. Don’t fear your future. Because now, you are armed with knowledge and support. Your life will make a whole lot more sense now. We are all on this journey together. Yes, the world still has a long way to go with understanding and accepting ADD for what it is. But as we share our experiences, you will see that we are many and we are real. In time, the world will have no choice but to accept us and adapt accordingly. Please, feel free to tell us your experiences, concerns and questions. There’s nothing better than a support group who knows exactly how you feel. It also doesn’t hurt to have a few experts on hand ( Dr J, Rick, etc) to really give you the down and dirty of it. Again Welcome!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am excited and happy for you. I’ve come a ways since my diagnosis two years ago through some good books mostly, but the best thing has been becoming a lot more comfortable in my own skin, The book that helped me the most is You Mean I’m Not Lazy, Stupid or Crazy?, but this website has been a HUGE help as well. I wish you much success on your new path!

REPORT ABUSE

Carrie

Thanks!!

I will look up the book! Im in limbo right now. Waiting for the psychiatrist to contact my Dr. and the lady I was talking to in mental health to let them know and go from there. I missed all the last part of our conversation, so Im a little lost as to what happens next and waiting on my Doc. hahaha

Carrie

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)