Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Just found out, medicine works great, I don't know if I can still take it. :(

Just found out, medicine works great, I don't know if I can still take it. :(2013-04-26T20:38:05+00:00

The Forums Forums I Just Found Out! My Story Just found out, medicine works great, I don't know if I can still take it. :(

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

justness

I just found out I have Adhd. 30 yrs old, a mom, student, and I work. Prescribed 40mg vyvanse. Worked great, never been so focused or productive!! My heart rastatement to 115 and blood pressure rose from 120/80 to 130/92. I stopped taking the medication, and now I wish I wasn’t diagnosed. With meds I got my first moment of clarity ever 🙂 but if I can’t take them it was only a tease 🙁 Has anybody else had this problem?

REPORT ABUSE

justness

Oops! Heart rate 115. Would the doctor give me something to slow my heart?

REPORT ABUSE

darktendril

You could ask your doctor about non-stimulant medication maybe?

REPORT ABUSE

Wgreen
    Participant

Hmmmm. A heart rate of 115 would seem to be a common side effect of ADD stimulants. Here’s another recent thread that addresses the same issue: http://totallyaddconnect.com/forums/topic/vyvanse-makes-my-heart-beat-at-115/

REPORT ABUSE

angela1marie

I am wondering if you could try taking a lower dosage, perhaps begin at 20 mg? I know the clarity and effects wouldn’t be so pronounced.. but if you started at this dosage, you could augment it with an anti-depressant or an herbal supplement that increases the effects? Just an idea. It takes a lot of time to find medications that work synergistically together, but the payoffs are completely worth the time consumed. At least in my experience. I haven’t glanced at the threads posted above, so i apologize if i’m repeating advice.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)