Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Just started 10mg focalin xr

Just started 10mg focalin xr2011-03-10T03:54:34+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Focalin Just started 10mg focalin xr

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

msnow81

Anyone have comments on there experience? How does it make you feel?

Does it work? Etc

Thank you

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

It does work. How are you doing?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

My son was placed on Focalin XR 20mg in second grade for Inattentive ADD. It worked wonderful, but he lost weight. His Doctor retired and the new Dr. wanted him to Try Vyvanse. He tryed Vyvanse for six months and changed to Concerta due to the weight loss. He took that for a year and a half .He is now in the 6th grade and Dr. bumped him up to 57mg and had shown no improvement/change and his grades were slipping. Since weight isn’t an issue anymore, Dr. suggested trying Vyvance one more time. Went from 40, 50, and now 60mg. When he is bumped up, I can tell a difference for a couple of days and then it slacks off. He goes at the end of the month for a check up and I plan to talk to the Dr. but I like the Focalin XR better. When he was on the Focalin, he was more organized and kept his room cleaned. He would take initiative and I didn’t have to remind him or tell him to do every little thing. Good Luck. Would like to know how you like it?

REPORT ABUSE

msnow81

I’m 30 years old and taking 10mg XR a day its working so far, I lost weight at first, about ten pounds but I just needed a reminder to eat lunch and a snack. I have noticed that I need to keep busy, Im still able to think without the chatter but I feel a need to stay busy. I don’t get the headaches or any of the other side effects but the weight loss at the beginning.

Thank you for replying

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I love focalin!! Focalin has improved my life drastically. Just try it, the key FOR SURE is the Dosage. Just make sure the dosage is right. If that doesn’t work for you, I found Adderall to be just as effective. My first meds were: straterra, which was ok, i felt like a slug. Then Concerta, which made me feel like a walking zombie. It did work for awhile after, but i just felt like they werent the right meds for me.

Excersize helps & so does getting the right amount of sleep – AKA: 8 to 10 hours depending on how old you are.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)