Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Just starting Adderall XR and questions……..

Just starting Adderall XR and questions……..2011-06-14T04:01:41+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Adderall XR Just starting Adderall XR and questions……..

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Sunshine1980

I just started my script for Adderall XR 20 mg per day after “trying” to get it together without the meds. I’ve been on it for about a month now and feel the “fog” has lifted and that I am more awake and able to participate fully in conversations. The one tool that has really helped me in my journey is to have a schedule for every hour every day. Sounds extreme, but it keeps me motivated to do the small stuff that I HATE (like cleaning the house, dishes etc). If I have it in my schedule then when I am done, I check it off. It keeps me focused on what I SHOULD be doing. So if I get lost on the internet looking up cake ideas (I’m a designer) then I can look at the clock and say ok it’s 10am it’s exercise time. I then get up and either go for a walk to bust out the Wii Fit/Active/Just Dance for some movement. My husband has noticed a big difference in that there aren’t unfinished projects around the house or the things are clean 100% and not just half ass because I found something more “exciting” to do!!

I also have had the dry mouth, insomnia for a few weeks, but now I find I’m experiencing the stomach upset in the morning? I have a follow up with my doctor on Monday so we’ll see, but thought I’d ask if anyone else has had this and what did you do? I’m afraid b/c of the appetite suppression that I’m not getting enough nutrients for my body. Going to try juicing with shakes but not sure??

Glad to read everyone’s posts!!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I couldn’t take the Adderall the third day–it just made me feel too awful. I hope I can find something else that will work for me. I think the 10 whatever dose of the Ritalin might not have been enough for me. I didn’t have many side effects from it, so I hope I’ll get to try a larger dose, maybe three times a day instead of twice. I was going to go in and see the dr again, but am hoping he’ll just read the note I dropped off with my payment for the last visit and call me. It’s too expensive to go see him every month!!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

My doc talked me into trying a lower dose (10Mg) of Adderall since the 20 aggravated my GERD and I had no side effects with the 10, but it didn’t help me, either. So on my own, I decided to try going back to 20, and it has been fine re my GERD, but still no noticed help from it. How likely is it that I will get benefit from a larger dose? I don’t see ANY improvement with it so far. I’ve been on it a couple of weeks now, with just the last few days at the 20 mg dose. I hate wasting my time taking something that is not going to help me, but if there is a chance that larges doses WILL help me, I don’t want to stop taking it, either. Wish I had a crystal ball–it would be a lot faster than trial and error! My doc (family practice) said if the lowest dose of Ritalin didn’t help, it was unlikely a higher dose would. I’m just wondering if the same is true of Adderall. Also, I’m taking the generic–would that make a difference? So many questions, so few answers.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I wanted to add one more thing: our weather has been nice for a change, and I was outdoors more yesterday and got some exercise. I felt a lot better last night when I went to bed, so I’m going to try getting outside more and getting more exercise when I can. We live in a very rainy place and often it’s just not nice enough to get out and walk. I need to get a Wii; I hear “Let’s Dance” is a great program. Is it hard to hook up a Wii? We have a newer tv now that it could accomodate it, I think.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Are people no longer having problems finding Adderall now?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I haven’t had trouble getting the generic. I took 30 for a couple of weeks and it didn’t seem to help any more than 20. Then doc’s office messed up the prescript and the staff left early on Friday, leaving me with no meds over the weekend. Not taking it is no diff than taking it. Guess I need to try something else?

REPORT ABUSE

Amy

@MonkeyBarb, it’s not hard to hook up a Wii at all – just like hooking up a VCR, DVD , etc using the A/V cables (red, white & yellow ones). And the Let’s Dance games are great for a quick workout! My daughter loves LD3 and I play it with her. It always gets my heart rate up.

Amy

http://acatwithadhd.com

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks, Amy. My friends love Let’s Dance and aerobic dance has been the only really good exercise that I’ve ever liked (other than walking). I’m one of those brainy types who could barely get a C in PE (that only because I aced the written tests). I think I will ask Santa Claus for a Wii for Christmas, or watch for a sale. I wonder if Ben’s Outlet ever sells them?

REPORT ABUSE

ph0t0bug

MonkeyBarb, Another place, if you can get to it, that is GREAT to purchase a Wii is Craigslist. Lots of people unloading them now that the fad is over. I have a Wii as well as an Xbox with Kenicts. I find myself using my Xbox more only because you dont have to have ANY controler. I am using one of the fitness programs and hope and PRAY that the Adderall script I just got a few hours ago will help me get my concentration that I have basicly never had. Finally after 40 years I have given up on trying to just “fix it myself” and going to let meds try to help me. I guess we will see how it goes. I fill the script tomorrow. He told me if I was going to try it then to try early in the morning to see how it was going to effect me. Just in case the side effect of not being able to sleep kicked in at least I might get a few hours before the next day… I have a CRAZY work schedule. 4pm to 12am. If I take the meds say at 7 or 8am then by the time I get off work I should be tired enough to go to sleep. I just want to know what it feels like to be normal for a day.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)