Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Just want to sleep and be left alone- part of ADD or something else?

Just want to sleep and be left alone- part of ADD or something else?2011-09-04T20:59:30+00:00

The Forums Forums What is it? Odd Symptoms/Behaviours/Signs Just want to sleep and be left alone- part of ADD or something else?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow, so I guess I am not that alone in this. Not exactly the same but along the same course. I have been dealing with undiagnosed ADD all my life and have had sleep issues for as long as I can remember, same with off and on again low grade depression and what I was told was SADS( seasonal affected disorder). But from reading on here and some books I have just bought I think that ADD might be the entire problem. Not sure.

My ten year old son has thankfully been diagnosed and is on meds and is doing great in school, something I never had. He can sleep soundly for the most part but he wakes early and tends to be on the go from there. I used to be like that as a kid and I would prefer it to the sleep issues I have now.

REPORT ABUSE

Cat Alberts

@geoduck. Yes it is a bit like the teenage brain development-fase that doesn’t stop :-) But frustration and low grade depression were a factor as well.

@larynxa, yes all those extras were present! A lot have fallen away after being diagnosed. I have to take care now, a year later, that some of them not make a come back. I always thought that if I knew what the h*** was wrong with me, I could solve it. A year later I find that I can solve a few, but certainly not all of the problems. I noticed myself getting frustrated again. Hmmm… time to take another look at how I organized my life.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I agree with getting Sleep Study. You could be Narcoleptic or suffer from Hypersomnia. I personally believe there could be some common ground or link between these conditions.

REPORT ABUSE

billd

bradycardia can cause you to be sleepy a lot, unrested, fatigued.

Depression can as well. When complaining of wanting to lay around a lot or sleeping a lot, etc- that might be one of the first things they check for.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)