Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Just wanted to introduce myself

Just wanted to introduce myself2011-02-19T19:08:12+00:00

The Forums Forums I Just Found Out! My Story Just wanted to introduce myself

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m 51 and was just formally diagnosed with ADHD this week. After reading just the titles of the threads in this section, I already know that most of you know what’s going through my mind right now. I always knew I was different, I just didn’t know why.

I can’t start the Ritalin until the pharmacist speaks to my psychiatrist about a possible interaction with my blood pressure meds and sertraline (which I have taken for years for anxiety and depression).

Now that I know there is something that can possibly help me focus on things I need to do, I can’t believe I have to wait to get started with it. That is driving me crazy.

I wish I had been diagnosed when I was seven. I think my life would be very different right now–although there’s no point in speculating on things we can’t change. It makes me feel a little sad to know that I went through a lot of heartache and Bad Things that didn’t have to happen, just because I had a medical condition that was not diagnosed when it could have made a real difference.

I’m looking forward to learning from all of you and being able to share things that only people like me can relate to.

Marian

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I know what you mean. For me it made such a difference when I realized this was the problem. Interestingly, I think that it has helped me to be a better person. Medication helped me so much it is indescribable. I know how hard it is to wait…..I know….hang in there. :) You will most likely feel better once things are settled.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Anonymous
    Inactive

cograts on the diagnosis (finally)! I am one of the fortunate who was diagnosed as a child and was therefore watching for it in my children who were diagnosed early as well. My husband is now thinking of getting diagnosed as he sees that some of his “quirks” and frustrations may be from ADD–he’s in his 50’s too. I hope you are able to start meds–you may find after a while that you need less of the anxiety/blood pressure meds when you can focus with the Ritalin! Good luck to you!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

fidgit4: That’s exactly what I was thinking after watching a few of the videos on here. I know that the number one cause of panic attacks in me is the feeling that I’m forgetting to do something or that I’ve screwed something up.

Thanks!

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)