Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Kids with ADHD Parents

Kids with ADHD Parents2012-10-31T19:48:13+00:00

The Forums Forums For The Non-ADD Other Kids with ADHD Parents

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Geoduck

Okay, I gotta share this…

My kid has my number. Yesterday afternoon, my 7yo pasted a sticker on my shirt to remind me about a school meeting. Usually, the teachers put these stickers on the kids to remind parents, but that’s never worked for me. The kiddo had the brilliant idea of sticking it on me. It worked! I looked down at one point, and saw the sticker, and got to the meeting.

This morning, I woke up to a note telling me not to forget to bring her Halloween costume to school, as I told her I would. I’m the room parent, so had to go, anyway. I was trying to save her the trouble of getting it to school in one piece. Sure enough, it was such a lovely note that I remembered.

Forgot three other things, but I remembered her costume.

This kid has my number. I think she’s going to be the one who takes care of me in my old age.

REPORT ABUSE

allan wallace

That’s really cute and sweet! Unfortunately for me, my kids have been indoctrinated by my wife. Nutjob daddy is directly, or indirectly, somehow some way involved in every disaster that visits itself upon Planet Earth from a couple of years after my birth! ADHD is just an excuse to do bugger all according to my beloved, and my kids hear this every day… :(

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Geoduck, I have a grown daughter just like yours. Unfortunately, as I said, she’s ‘grown’ and bought herself a house and moved away. Sooooo hard not to have the Nazi organizer keeping me on track. She has a brain that takes everything in and then even remembers it years later!!!!

I tried the ‘sticker’ idea myself using a bright elastic band around my wrist. I repeatedly told myself throughout the morning “this is so you will remember ‘X”. Did it over and over everytime I looked at it. Of course, by late afternoon after a harrowing day in a classroom of special ed ‘behaviour’ students (who all happen to also be ADHD), all I could remember is “This is so I remember…..to remember…I had to remember something. What was this supposed to help me to remember to do?”

I never did remember but I did find my way home at the end of the day. Bonus!!

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)