Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Knitting

Knitting2010-12-30T18:10:54+00:00
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

laddybug3

Knitting has help me through moments when I think my world is coming to an end, helps me focus, and lets my wonder. Depending on what I am doing and got that hyper focus going on usually, focusing on something that frustrated me. Knitting to find a solution to a problem. It also can turn into a social event. On Thursday’s the local yarn store has something called knit-night. Knitters come together knit, eat, and talk.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I waffled for a couple of months on trying to learn, and now that I finally have, I love it! I just have to remember to take it ‘one stitch at a time’. Knitting is something that you can’t master in one sitting, but you can certainly make SOMETHING in one sitting- it keeps our hands busy, and we can look at it and see what we’ve done so far and be glad.

As we morph into a more digital/instant gratification sort of society, knitting is one of those rare and beloved hobbies that allows us to “see” the results of our own patience and efforts.

I recently joined ravelry.com and it’s pretty fun. ^_^

REPORT ABUSE

laddybug3

Megatron I am ravelry too. Did you know there is two forms just for ADDers.

REPORT ABUSE

Ivriniel
    Participant

I’ve tried to learn to knit on a couple of occasions. Unfortunately, I have weak graphomotor skills, and had a lot of difficulty with the needles. I was having to put all my focus into just trying to move the needles correctly, would lose count of my stitches, and the whole thing would become a mangled mess.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh, my form’s completely off, but I’m working on that. It must be pretty bad, judging by the look my mother was giving me last week when she was watching me knit a little dishcloth. There are multiple ways to do it though, so right now I’m just experimenting with which way works best for me personally. I have terrible coordination.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

try starting with crocheting, i find it much easier to learn then knitting.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ha! Neither knitting or crochetting are for me! I’ve tried many times over the years and probably could say I had the best success at either when I was just a kid. My ‘squares’ were much ‘square-er’ then. :o)

Anyway, knitting was always horribly frustrating for me and each and every time I gave it another try, the results were always the same. Horrible. And NOT at all a relaxing activity. I think all my other brain issues (sequential processing, fine-motor) provided the death knell to knitting. That’s when I was talked into trying crochetting….yeah, right. That was so much easier…. :o(

Still, I’m not upset by my lack of talent in those areas. I’m great at other artistic endeavours and find them relaxing so I tell myself it’s OK to not be accomplished here. However, it is still fascinating to me to watch knitters and crocheters and wonder just how they do it and it all seems so effortless to them!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

most of the women in my family knit and crochet so i think its built into my dna. it always used to fascinate me to watch my mom, her hands move so fast and i always wondered how she did it.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I knit too! (in case that went over any one’s head. hee hee)

For me it can be a form of meditation once I have memorized the pattern. I love the way I feel after half an hour in a quiet place just watching the stitches form until I feel at peace. I wish I could keep that clear headed peace.

I can think about something that I need to for a few minutes without wondering why all of a sudden I notice I am thinking about something completely different.

And for humor value, ravelry is one of my other tabs open right now. I knew laddybug3 was there since we spent a few hours chatting the other week.

REPORT ABUSE

laddybug3

KnittingKat yes we did. I have a total of three tabs open. One is raverly. I was happy to finish my scarf on the deadline. Everyone loved it and some people could not believe I made it. One person kept saying, “You knit that!You knit that, but you spend too much time daydreaming.” See how I can get off topic.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)