Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Knowing What to Do?

Knowing What to Do?2011-01-12T16:17:00+00:00

The Forums Forums Emotional Journey Is It Just Me? Knowing What to Do?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I struggle with knowing what to do to get things done. It has gotten to the point I am afraid to do anything. Have others found ways to approach this failing?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi leek….. what kind of things??? There are many approaches to doing various things…. but if you can you be a little more descriptive in what you are trying to accomplish……it would help. Narrow the field a little…..otherwise you may end up with help on everything from building a rocket to tying your shoes….hahahhahahahahaha….. we are like that!!

toofat

REPORT ABUSE

laddybug3

I like to make a timeline and have three different colors. First, you want to establish when do you need to get the things done, then figure out the “wiggle room” (breaks, start, end, and extended time use), once you have that figured out you can start it. Remember to put the deadline color has its own time. Let say the timeline color is red. Green is the start, and yellow is warning red means time is up. This is hard to do but it is possible, this got me through finals and papers. It is more completed reading it then actually doing it, but hey, this works for me. I am not sure about you.

REPORT ABUSE

dspicelady

I understand that “frozen” state all too well. I think it comes from over thinking the situation. If I do “A”, then this could happen or maybe this, what about that, or factor in this. If I do “B”, that fixes the downfall of “A” in this respect, but then this will happen,…..blah, blah, blah. It’s like a computer with too many apps going and not enough RAM to cover it. We tend to spend more time trying to figure out what/how to do something than actually doing it. Lists, timelines, egg timers, sticky notes, coaches, etc. will all work for different individuals. Try some out and see what works for you. There is no right or wrong answer! Keep that in mind. It might be the one thing that can unfreeze you. Strive for “organized enough”, not “perfectly organized”.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh, I’m sorry. It’s as if when I need to accomplish something, I have no idea of the process and steps I should take. At best, maybe in the middle of the night, I’ll say- you idiot- why didn’t you do this? Then I may try whatever the next day, or maybe not. Understand, it’s not a step or a plan or a process, just a single task. The worse this gets, the less I do.

Is this common? Is this even ADD related?

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)