Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Limited symptoms medication options?

Limited symptoms medication options?2012-02-26T23:19:36+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Limited symptoms medication options?

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is there something good out there that helps with just the slight mind distraction, racing, lack of calmness, without the “speed” so to speak of Adderral? Thanks!

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

JimC would say exercise; I would say try fish oil and tyrosine or all three.

If you have a really speedy mind that won’t focus then to be honest something like Ritalin should be tried assuming your GP doesn’t find any contraindications.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you butterfly person….here’s what I wrote on this today…

How best to describe the otherwise present condition. Like an unfinished thought always nudging in to get attention. Talk to me, talk to me…

It is low key, like a background light, or the thought that you forgot something small but can’t recall what it is…more of a nagging little presence that requests a little portion of attention it never fully gets…

Will try all suggestions. Thank you.

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

Hi that’s well described. Give the tyrosine a go. It’s just a food supplement but it’s the precursor to dopamine which is why it is supposed to work. I think you need to take it regularly for a while for it to ‘kick in’.

Also have a go at mindful walking. Next time you’re not in a hurry just walk very slowly and make yourself aware of everything; the sound of your footstep, the wind on your face, the sound of bird song. I find that makes my mind more aware of stuff – when I remember to do it!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yogidude…there are tons of threads that speak to diet, exercise…counseling, and meditation as solutions for folks that fall in the mild category on the spectrum…..or for folks who are med adverse.

I for one subscribe to those solutions…..and I am more than pleased with where I am. It doesn’t work all that well for everybody, but then we are all as different as snowflakes……sooo???? That is just me though……..so I don’t advocate a “no med” lifestyle, it’s just that for me…it works, and works very very well. These solutions also can provide great benefits when combined with meds too…..there is no down side to diet, exercise,meditation and counseling……all plus(s)!!!!!

Toofat

REPORT ABUSE

Tiddler

I’ve been exercising and taking omega 3 capsules. I haven’t heard of tyrosine before. Will look into it. Thanks.

I’m more alert after a brisk walk with the dog and I sleep better if we’ve been out walking for a few hours, especially on a windy day! To early to tell if the omega 3 is working yet. Not sure what dose to take either. I wonder if it needs to be higher than the dose in the bottles on the supermarket shelves?

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

Hi Tiddler

Not sure I would take more than the recommended dose of anything. Either it works or it doesn’t. Maybe not an issue for fish oil but it would be for vitamins or tyrosine. You can buy tyrosine in Holland & Barratt or similar type of shop rather than a chemist. They hadn’t got a clue what I was talking about when I tried Boots. The girl there kept trying to sell me cough medicine!!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Are there any easily accessed sources of Adderrall? We don’t have the funds to go through all the expense of testing, exam, counseling at this time. I just wish to give it another go. I did have it some time ago, but don’t have any prescriptions set up at this point and getting one will cost a lot of money. Appreciate any thoughts. Thanks all.

REPORT ABUSE

JimC.
    Participant

@yogitude: Adderall is a restricted drug in Canada, and getting some “off line” is not only illegal but you don’t know what you’re getting either, could be arsenic for all you know. Same in the US or wherever you live. It is Amphetamine/Dextroamphetamine and is very closely controlled where I live.

Scatttybird has some good thoughts. My naturopath (saw one for a short time) put me on Omega 3 1000 mg; magnesium, zinc, Vitamin B and D. One would think that with exercise, and Adderall, and all those pills I’d be d@mn near normal, which I often think I am, but apparently others disagree. I can say that Adderall works as does exercise, the other stuff may be helping long term but is not apparent to me in any way except for the cost of buying it.

does this video make sense to you? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BseUL8cfUk8

Jim

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

Hi yogidude

Jim is right. Be VERY careful if you buy any drugs over the internet or from random people. There are lots of sites that advertise stimulants for sale and most are bogus. They are either there just to empty your bank account or to sell you something that could be anything or both. That’s a dangerous route to go down.

Besides, the stimulants are scheduled drugs and you can face a jail sentence for possession without a prescription (at least in the UK you can).

Sometimes ADHD drives us to desperate measures but my advice is to avoid getting meds from non-legitimate sources.

Sorry – don’t wish to sound prudish or bossy – it’s just not worth the risk. I thought about it once and read reviews of several such sites and they all seemed to be scams.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)