Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Madison WI doctor

Madison WI doctor2011-01-02T04:05:07+00:00

The Forums Forums Ask The Community Madison WI doctor

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am new to the Madison WI area, and need to find a new doctor for my ADHD. I was diagnosed as a child, and was in denial for many years about having this, and recently sought out help to mitigate the problems that are associated with this disorder…..

My “former” doctor (not in Madison) “treated” me by writing out a prescription (I swear HE had ADD – he never could remember how to write my script right!). I need a doctor that knows how to help my wife deal with this, and treat my disorder.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Being Cdn. our medical system is a lot different up here but don’t you have HMOs (I hear my American relatives use the term) that you deal with? If you are seeing a regular physician now, couldn’t he/she recommend one covered/allowed by your HMO? Or perhaps the HMO has listings of MDs that work for them that are specialized in this area?

There are a lot more people visiting the forums here now, many of them from south of the border (Cdn/US) and maybe they could give more concrete advice. It’s just tough when you just moved and you have one more thing on your plate that you have to deal with.

Hopefully, the rest of your move has gone smoothly! Welcome!!

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Zsazsa,

Thank you for the reply! Yes, Madison is unique in Wisconsin in that we do not have a PPO system – they are entirely HMO in the area…..I wanted a recomendation so that I can get a good doctor – not just “any old one”.

I looked at the Group Health Co-op (that is my insurance company, and I believe one of the choices for a provider), and found a number of doctors, but I dont know who is specialized in adult ADHD, and who is actually good….

My previous primary care doctor would NOT write a script for medicine because he didnt know enough (which I can respect)…

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)