Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Magnesium: Do you have experience from it?

Magnesium: Do you have experience from it?2011-05-17T19:48:57+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Alternative Treatments Magnesium: Do you have experience from it?

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Anonymous
    Inactive

Over all the deficiency of magnesium in people in western societies seems to be alarming just on it’s own, yet I just found out about it. I got supplements today and will try it out over the next months. Almost instantly when I took one I felt relaxed in my muscles and had more energy to focus, stay on reading and felt more compelled to actually do things (such as cleaning and homework, inattentive here). I thought it was all placebo, but after a quickly googling for it it seems I’m not alone with this instant experience.

Have you tried taking additional magnesium supplements, if so what is your experience with it? And over what period of time did you notice a difference?

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes, I’ve had to use it in combo with high doses of calcium. My ob/gyn wanted me to take it while I was pregnant. He said the extra high calcium amounts would assist all the other meds I was already taking for extra high blood pressure ( with the added benefit of being good for my bones and the baby). The magnesium was supposed to help with all that too but….. has an added effect. It’s almost like a laxative so just be careful that you don’t overdo it. If you’re old enough you’ll remember the laxative called “Milk of Magnesia”. I was just a kid when my mom had the stuff in the house but I’m guessing it contained….. magnesium!

😆

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yes,I am started taking magnesium supplements 4 times in week.I have been read number of articles about magnesium is essential component to the human body.It is very important to build good muscles and maintain vascular tone.I had excellent experience after taking magnesium..This supplements reduced my muscles and body pain.

REPORT ABUSE

caper

I agree it’s a good idea to ensure your magnesium levels are healthy. Don’t stop there though; go for a full blood test; magnesium, iron, vitamin D, B12, sodium, potassium, etc.

Most people that have healthy vitamin D levels (40-50ng) don’t need calcium suppliments. I think the best way to get your nutrients is naturally (I still use suppliments to give me a boost or if I have difficulty with natural sources). For magnesium I snack on sunflower seeds. Shellfish are another good source of minerals.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/evolutionary-psychiatry/201106/can-multivitamin-help-treat-adhd

I started focusing on healthy eating years before I was diagnosed with ADHD, so I can’t say what difference it made in my symptoms.

Except for my iron saturation being marginally high,& magnesium marginally low, my blood test results are very healthy. I still need at least 40mg/day of MPH to make a big impact on my ADHD.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve noticed in times of stress that my eye twitches. I’ve subsequently noticed that taking magnesium makes that twitch go away. Magnesium is typically low in those with ADHD.

REPORT ABUSE

munchkin

I had “heart palpitations” which was kinda’ scary (am I having a heart attack or what?) and magnesium supplements got rid of them completely. They also seem to help my digestive problems…

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Magnesium? No one ever told me anything about this…I’m going to do some research and then get some at Whole Foods. If this is one of or THE answer, I’m willing to go for it! Thanks all of you for this info.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)