Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Med breaks and sleep, or lack there of.

Med breaks and sleep, or lack there of.2013-03-30T14:52:05+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Side Effects General Med breaks and sleep, or lack there of.

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

sar316

I’m on Concerta and it has made the a very positive impact on my life. I now sleep through most of the night, for the first time in my life. I have energy and patients that I have never had before. I have become very dependent on keeping my daily schedule relatively consistent. I think this is because the drugs get me going and using my brain and energy effectively and earlier in the day, rather than slowly becoming a human being somewhere around noon even if I’m up at 8am with out meds.

On weekends I try to take med breaks, but it seems that if I don’t take my meds regularly I have to sacrifice my sleep. Now that I know what real sleep is, I really notice when I’ve had a bad night and I am a monster the next day that can’t function even with a fresh dose (this usually ends up what my Mondays look like if I take a weekend/day break).

So my questions are 1. does anyone else seem to have this problem? and 2. Does anyone see an issue with taking a lower dose for weekends/holidays without a taking break from them?

Thanks!

REPORT ABUSE

phoenixmagicgirl

With Dexedrine I’ve learned that I have to take it early in the morning (around 8am) b ecause if I don’t and I take it too late in the morning I have bad insomnia.

REPORT ABUSE

sar316

I can’t take it too late or the stimulants keep me awake late, but if I don’t take them at all I seem to immediately revert back to my premeditated sleepless nights and non productive days.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)