Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Medication help

Medication help2012-01-03T21:02:32+00:00

The Forums Forums Ask The Community Medication help

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

missypissy6983

*beware I tend to write in circles to get my ideas out and I don’t like to revise unless I have to because it ends up taking forever and then frustrates me, plus I am assuming this audience is pretty understanding ;) *

**this section I gave just so you have at least a little background of med history and my thinking and because I also want advice if a lower dosage will help this **

I have been on Vyvanse for …almost 2 years. I went from 30 to 50 to 60 to 70. I stayed at 70 for a while, but now I am thinking of going down to 50.

because:

1. not that my heart rate is up a lot(i dont think because my doc tests me every 6 months and so far nothing) but I just notice it more when I’m on a hire dosage

2.I am more anxious…not anxoius like previously when I would cry every night while writing my essays because I felt I was stupid (you know the sob fest)…it is more of a “my body feels like it usually does when i get anxious so then I must be nervous for something”.

3.I think I went so high because I am trying to use the meds to help me focus and be able to make my writing LD easier though I dont think they really are because the writing skills dont really change with higher or lower meds.

4. I am less aware of people ..(maybe more aware of the conversation and social conduct) I feel its harder to change how I interact with people… this is prob not really directly medication related but like you know the whole idea of how adhd affects how you think of meanings of things socially.

Now…My main point (i know take forever haha)

Does anyone feel like they think or interact with people differently on meds?

Because of what I said in point four (I feel less aware of people) I feel like I have to re learn (or maybe learn for the first time) how to make friends and act and talk etc and I think it is becuase of ADHD without meds I never really noticed anything so I learned that I could get along with people better or they got along better with me being shy and quiet more than me randomly talking and silly. I think I am more shy because I had little focus therefore it would either be on me or them and I chose them.<- (this is hard to explain but I’m trying to talk about how you interact and with ADHD and the social awkwardness that goes with it.)

So when I am on meds I feel have the ability to interact differently and I was wondering if any professionals would give advice on if this is at all related or not! or if there is a common theme in what I wrote to other peoples experience with meds adhd etc..

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nevermind, I figured it out using the videos and forums, so do not reply!

REPORT ABUSE

kc5jck
    Participant

Ok, so does anyone have a good name for a rather large black cat with long hair?

REPORT ABUSE

Saffron

Male or female?

REPORT ABUSE

kc5jck
    Participant

Male – I think he must be a Maine Coon. He came from the pound. I’m sure he has a story and history since he had been neutered. He may be in the witness protection plan, but he’s not talking.

REPORT ABUSE

kc5jck
    Participant

I think I may call him Beowulf. Any other suggestions. Going once, Going twice,….

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

kc5jck
    Participant

Fred seems too pedestrian. My former black cat was named

Sambeaux Giovanni the Magnificent Marquis de Troi

we called him Troy.

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

I know – I was just being silly (no offence to any Freds out there). I think a hippo must have fallen on my head as a child because I have no imagination for exotic names.

I had a pet beetle called Fred when I was a kid. Fred lived in a match box and ate bread and butter. One day I introduced Fred to a friend because I thought he’d appreciate some company. It was at that point I had my first lesson about carnivory.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

Lmao! Poor fred! Myfirst pet was imaginary. Ifound him in the mailbox and named him berlin (because i foundhim in a”burrow”, imagine my surprise when i found out berlin was a real place…somewhereoverthere). I was never allowed a real dog and i asked my mom if i could keep him n she said no cuz i wouldnt take care of him n she didntwant to have to feed him n walk him n bathehim etc…so i had tolethim go..i found him as road kill the next morning..i miss the few minutes i had mybeloved pet berlin…

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

That’s the saddest story ever. Altough I’m confused. You found an imaginary dog that your mom wouldn’t let you keep that you found dead the next day. Did I get that right?

REPORT ABUSE

kc5jck
    Participant

RE: Above -I named my black cat Mickey. Now I’m trying to think up a name for the guy in my brain that keeps chattering all the time. Has anyone else named their brain?

REPORT ABUSE

nellie

oh geez kc, named my brain? I’m terrible with names probably wouldn’t remember what I named it :-)

That’s really funny. Now that you mention it though I always thought everyone must have chatter. I’ve never understood how that can be just ADD. I mean, how can you not think?

REPORT ABUSE

kc5jck
    Participant

Nellie – go back and read http://totallyadd.com/forum/topic.php?id=2205

. . . and pay attention next time.

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)