Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Metadate ER 20mg

Metadate ER 20mg2012-04-25T23:30:38+00:00

The Forums Forums Medication Methylphenidate Generic Metadate ER 20mg

Free medication video
Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

ashockley55
    Participant

As Peggy Hill says, “Ho boy!”

Um. So, I failed Strattera because of the Horrible Evil Hot Acid Bubbles.

Next, I went back to my PA-C, who has an *incredible* fashion sense and gorgeous smile and is also a really good physician(‘s assistant). She gave me a prescription for Metadate ER 10mg. She asked me if I’d ever heard of it, and I said no, but I’m finding that it is a form of Ritalin?….or Concerta….or…???? is that true? Is it all kind of the same thing, with some slight differences?

Anyway, I take it to my pharmacy, ask them how much it’s going to cost before they fill it (I paid $40 for the Strattera, didn’t ask for samples like a dummy, or get a coupon like a bigger dummy), and they said it will be $193.00 because my insurance doesn’t cover it!

So, dejected, I go home, call my insurance. They say it IS covered, that my pharamacy ran Metadate CD, not Metadate ER.

I go back up to the pharmacy, they say that they don’t have Metadate ER in 10mg, that it’s only available in 20 mg (then why did my PA-C prescribe 10mg???)….so I call the doctor….

……and then they call me back, and say that my PA-C says 20 mg will be fine, to come pick up the prescription for that dosage.

Which I did, and took to my pharamacist, and now I am waiting for them to order it….

Oy.

So, questions, one of which I already asked…

what is this Metadate ER stuff? Is it a cousin of Ritalin?

Is 10 mg and 20 mg a big difference? Is that a big leap? Is it, for example, going to increase the likelihood that I will experience side effects.

Any other inside info/experience/advice I could get would be great!

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)