Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

methylcobalamin b12, magnesium

methylcobalamin b12, magnesium2012-05-30T15:40:53+00:00

The Forums Forums Tools, Techniques & Treatments Alternative Therapies methylcobalamin b12, magnesium

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Sugar_Shane

Has anyone tried taking magnesium and methy B12? Any positive results? A naturopathic doctor reccomended I take these and should notice a difference after 3-4 months. I’ll keep you informed.

REPORT ABUSE

Sugar_Shane

Scattybird
    Participant

No, not magnesium but I have read on various sites that it helps, but I don’t know the truth behind that.

But if magnesium is involved in serotonin production then it might do some good. I read it should be taken with B6?

I went through a phase of taking vitamin B-complex and it seemed to give me more energy. I haven’t taken it since I got diagnosed though and I wasn’t very consistent with it.

Before I started taking Ritalin (and pre-diagnosis) I used to eat a lot of bananas. Apparently they contain magnesium. So…was my body telling me to eat magnesium…or were the bananas a handy food supply for when I forgot to eat? Now I take Ritalin I rarely eat bananas. – so is that a case of not needing them anymore or is it because with meds I remember to eat more regularly and therefore don’t need an emergency supply of bananas!

Are your taking magnesium? It would be interesting to see if it works.

REPORT ABUSE

Anonymous
    Inactive

http://www.naturalnews.com/026782_magnesium_child_children.html

My childminder told me to get some magnesium just today for my 6 year old who I believe has ADHD. It’s meant to reduce depression, anxiety, insomnia, restless legs, migraines, asthma etc etc . Most of which me and my son have!

I will be getting some supplements this week and will be cooking with more magnesium rich foods too. We’re seeing a dietician soon so it will be interesting to see what they think about magnesium.

Ali

REPORT ABUSE

Scattybird
    Participant

Just as a word of caution – if anyone has any issues with their kidneys they should seek medical advice before taking magnesium supplements….apparently.

What’s the saying ….’Life’s a bitch and then you die’! But I suppose you’d die with a clear brain and restful legs. :)

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)