Dr. Umesh Jain is now exclusively responsible for TotallyADD.com and its content

Mom & Daughter – Accepting our oddities

Mom & Daughter – Accepting our oddities2013-05-14T16:28:24+00:00

The Forums Forums For The Non-ADD It Runs In Families Mom & Daughter – Accepting our oddities

Viewing 0 posts
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

b482

Having learned finally as an adult that I have ADD, I read as much as I could find online to learn about it.  Then I began recognizing all the same behaviors in my young daughter.  She was diagnosed early for 2 reasons. 1) It was fresh in my mind from just learning about myself. 2) She is a very severe case to the point she is borderline handicapped, according to the diagnosing psychiatrist, so it was recognizable earlier than normal.

I have learned to look at the advantages to help me accept the disadvantages and hopefully have instilled the same approach in my daughter.  Many funny situations can happen from both of us having ADD. 

For example; One day I asked her to get something for me.  Before doing what I asked she just had to tell me something.  When she was finished with her story, she asked, “Mommy, what was I supposed to get?”

I said, “I don’t know.  You were supposed to remember!”

This has become one of our favorite examples to tell people how ADD manifests in our household.

REPORT ABUSE

ellamama

LOL! That’s perfect! Believe me, you’re not alone!

REPORT ABUSE
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)